• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My $500 CSVT

HAZZARD

CEG'er
Its a 1999 with 67,000 miles on it. The motor went south and the doctor at my work didn't want to mess with it, so 3.0 here I come.
The motor going in is a 2004 3.0 with 11,000 miles on it, it will be here on sat!

n500226924_12480_4060.jpg

n500226924_12481_4368.jpg

n500226924_12482_4671.jpg

Havent even had it 12 hours at this point
n500226924_12483_4949.jpg

n500226924_12484_5227.jpg

6 hours later motor is out!
n500226924_12485_5502.jpg

n500226924_12486_6196.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, thats amazing!!

Good find, hope it goes well for you, keep us updated with the build. Make a picture journal.

Thats a deal 500 bucks..Anything else wrong with it besides the motor?.I payed 1700 for mine with a blown motor..Good luck with the build..

The photos have already started. I have over 100 photos up to this point alone. I want to compile everything into some what of a guide so people dont have to spend the hours seaching CEG like i did.

The only other thing wrong with the car is the dash is warped BAD!! Dont think I can fix it, its hitting the windshild and pulling up around the gauges.
The seats are dirty but dont have a mark on them and very little ware.

It has lived in a garage all its life. The body has no dents on it and the scraches can be buffed out except for some small ones on the bottom of the front bumper, but nothing a Mirko cant cover :laugh: . The door ding gaurds are comming apart and are faded, but the paint under them isnt faded so the will be comming off.

i'll give you 100 for that engine minus cams and TB (seriously if you want it gone)
Dont know if it will be worth it for you. Im still not sure what wnt wrong with it there were chunks of alum in the oil pan, and not sure of were they came from. I have it striped to the long block, and am planing to pull the crank tomorrow night to see if i can find out what happen.

If its not bad I will be more then happy to try to work something out with you, but Im going to need most everything otherthen the bare long block.

Kremithefrog well see how fast I work, I plan on having it on the road in less then a week after the motor gets here.

It has lived in a garage all its life. The body has no dents on it and the scraches can be buffed out except for some small ones on the bottom of the front bumper, but nothing a Mirko cant cover :laugh: . The door ding gaurds are comming apart and are faded, but the paint under them isnt faded so the will be comming off.

wow i guess that goes to show that regardless of how much you take care of the dash or try to keep it covered, it can still warp out :blackeye:

good luck with the build man! that will def. be one sweet $500 car once 3L'd

any specs on the 3L you're dumping in?
SCT X-CALIBRATOR 2 from Brenspeed
might use the 3.0 injectors have to see what ones are in the new motor, want to go F.I later
gutted pre cats
Y-pipe Optimization
short ram intake
remove resanotar
SVT cams in 3.0 heads
leaving secondarys in place and working just opening sonner
im probley forgeting somethings
cant get to crazy right now its going to be my daily driver.

hey im down in macon and gotta buddy in loganville with csvt's. good to know of another owner in GA. ill be going up to VIlla Rica this wkend. you located anywhere near there?

free 3L svt when all said and done?? what a ripoff... lol ;)

awesome find, and good luck with the swap :D

Wow nice, the dash swap isn't too hard. I'd say if you work hard at it it would take about a day to do.

Congrates on the deal and best of luck on the rebuild.

Back