• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Somebody Save Me !!! '98 E0 for $1500

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
I saw this listed on Craig's List (link) and had to go look at it.
Located in Surfside, FL.
Owner's name is Mike, his number is (305) 804-0484

It has some flaws...
  • front bumper cracked
  • dent in back of trunk
  • dent in passenger quaterpanel where it meets the hood, just below the cowl
  • misc. scrapes on the body mouldings
  • some sort of electrical problem that is ONLY afftecting the A/C... sometimes it comes on, sometimes it doesn't
It is an early E0, as it has the E0 rims and NO SUNROOF.
Dealer isntalled wing (third brakelight in the back window).
Just under 100K milles
Black / Midnight Blue
No Mods, except stero system.

Still drives like a demon!!!
Needs a good tune up, an alignment, a good washing, and some TLC

I'd hate to see this one go to a scrapyard, get parted out, or to some dumbsh*t that doesn't know what he is getting and would destroy it.

If I had $1500 I'd take it, but I don't.
Somebody please save this car !!!

IMG_6233.JPG

IMG_6234.JPG

IMG_6235.JPG

IMG_6236.JPG

IMG_6237.JPG

IMG_6238.JPG

IMG_6239.JPG

IMG_6241.JPG

IMG_6240.JPG

IMG_6244.JPG

Last edited:
If its been sitting in surfside, i'd look very closely for rust. A good body man can take those dents out with out having to replace the fender. Keyword: good. Looks like it needs about 1500-2500 in body work. A tune up, shouldnt run ya more than about 150 if you do it urself. a detail job probably run ya about 150 bux for a complete detail job, inside and out. If i had the money, and the willingness to work on another contour again, i'd pick it up, but i've had my day in the pits with one. good luck though.

Robert

i will if you lower the price to 1500
WERD!!!

damn OB1 i wanted anther one lol

I didn't buy it for me, I've been promising the wife an SVT or a MTX SE. She saw it & told me to get it for her. What am I to do?

OB needs all those Contours to keep one or two running. :D :D

HAR!!! HAR!!!! This from the quitter! Don't you have a coming out of the closet party to attend V dub boy! :)

BTW I just Got home from a 700 mile drive, one way, Ive been up well over 24 hours. Drove down then straight back. For the guy that said all of the good stuff about it no offense but you need to go back to contour school! :) IT drives like a demon! Hardly, Idiot light was on secondaries not opening/closing, Valvetrain noise that sounds like a bad HLA, Might be b/c the thing was 4qts low!!! I shook loose some of my fillings on the first couple of miles, Why you ask?
013.jpg

All in all the guy that had it wasn't taking very good care of it but I talked the guy down to 1300 & drove it home after putting some tires on it I had lying around!
001.jpg

006.jpg

Then my brother showed up.
009.jpg

012.jpg

The wife is really happy w/ it even though it is in rough shape. She just wanted an SVT. Now I get to try to turn this eyesore into a decent car. Eric is right though I have enough parts laying around just need some paint & body work.

BTW It might have felt sluggish to me b/c my SVT is so fast! :)

I'm going to bed.

OK.. I drove it around the block twice on a test drive. Got it up to 85 quickly and it still lit up the rubber all the way through 3rd gear. \It's heart and soul was still SVT, despite what it looked like.

I still haven't broken the tires loose, but I gid put on some fresh rubber. Thanks for posting it BTW, Mike said to thank you too.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! Hey Eric I need you to help me do a new grill when my stazi mesh comes in you up for it?

Back