• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

KONI Warranty HELP

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
I have to warranty at least 2 KONI struts, but KONI requires a receipt which I never got. I bought the set brand new from "corey" on the old forums back in July of 2004, when he was setting up group buys. He was selling through Shox.com as a dealer, but it arrived with no receipt. He is long gone and I don't know what to do.

Anyone else run into this issue? Anyone that can print up a bogus receipt? I doubt Shox.com would be willing to help at all with this.

I think your best bet would be to contact shox.com and explain you bought them in a group buy. And 2 years later you are experiencing problems and want to swap them with KONI for a new pair.

Ig ot my car with Koni's second hand so obviousl I don't have a receipt as well. This would help me out as well.

I am also a second hand buyer, help me too.... one is leaking - eeeekkk!

I haven't had any time to email them (Shox.com) about it. Every day I have to make a to-do list because I have so much going on tryin to get the car fixed up for SZ. :laugh:

I'm really going to try and send an email tonight.

Josh and i have both been refused warrenty on broken struts. the top of the shaft at the bottom of the threads is where it broke.

Koni's excuse: you must have over-torqued them if they were with stock mounts. :shrug:

Back