• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

o2 sensor replacment

pimpdcontour

Veteran CEG'er
so how much work is involed in changing the rad side bank 1 ( top ) o2 sensor? i gotta do this friday and was wondering about how long it would take as i also have to put new wires on and change the oil.. gotta get the car ready for its ride to pittsburgh for monster jam!!!!

The front one is cake... the rear one is a pain! This is with headers, but I'm remembering the same goes for OEM manifolds.

The upper Bank 1 and 2 are the same numbers.

And the lower Bank 1 and 2 are the same numbers. I have the lower O2 sensor number 344 234-4609. I know it is not what you asked for but it can confirm that it is not the one you need.

thank you for the help tony. i will be needing that one allwell. but i did get the part # for the square plug one i need. and sorry my last post sounded pissed off. i just left the dentist and my mouth hurt...... not trying to sound like a @ss

:crazy: Has anyone used a brand other than Bosch when replacing their O2 sensors? If so, what were the results. I think Summit sells NGK and Bosch sensors, but NGK is half the price!

I have Denso for the lowers but they are acting like "dummies" as I have mileliminators. ;)

what was the part # for those from that site do u know off hand? i still need to buy these. if they are only 39 bucks compared to 68 then i want those. ok i just went to the site. however i had to go back to a 97 year contour to find a square plug. 98 and 99 are round but my car is a 99 with the square plug. what is the deal with this? the 97 plug will work right? it is 53.99

I got Densos from sparkplugs.com. $39 each there.

Last edited:
Back