• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

USAF National Aerospace Muesem

It is crazy how much that place has grown. I remember going there a few times when I was a kid. I remember being in seventh heaven when I saw the F-117 up close for the first time, which at the time was brand new...well, to the museum at least. I still enjoy the WWII planes the most tho.

It is crazy how much that place has grown. I remember going there a few times when I was a kid. I remember being in seventh heaven when I saw the F-117 up close for the first time, which at the time was brand new...well, to the museum at least. I still enjoy the WWII planes the most tho.

The first flight was in 1977 which blew my mind. I thought it was much newer than that. Most likely because it was classified until '88. First display in '90.

Ok guys, seriously.... How many orgasms did Steeda have in the amount of time you were at the museum? We need a poll! I'm guessing 17 :laugh:

Mark

Zero, Seeing the airframe again that close almost brought a tear to my eye. Its been 4 years since I have been out. But that plane didn't do much for me. Its just a test mule. no avionics no major systems no cockpit etc.

Its just a shell.

That's a pretty cool place. For my money, the neatest thing was the authentic ME-262.

My kids like the life sized model of the pilot getting reamed out for crashing his plane.

The first flight was in 1977 which blew my mind. I thought it was much newer than that. Most likely because it was classified until '88. First display in '90.

Haha, yeah I know...its crazy... Just like most people don't know that the F-22 has been in development since the 80s. The govt and its silly classified games... I was in either kindergarten or first grade when I saw the F-117 for the first time...which would of been right around 1990. No matter how cool the latest fighters get, nothing compares to the sound of a Merlin screaming across the field at full throttle...mmmm...I can't wait til Spring and the first round of airshows. Are any of ya'll going to be at the Mustang Gathering in September in Columbus, OH?

You need to stop making me feel so damn old! :p

Haha...shoot...it makes me feel old thinking back that far! I am only 22 tho...so I guess I can't complain too much. And yeah, I might be over there working the flightline at the airshow...still dunno for sure. I know our airshow crew got asked to help out. That would be sweet to meet some of ya'll tho if I do head out there.

Funny thing is, i haven't even looked at the ones from the Camcorder. but the ones on the small camera looked pretty good.

It's going to be almost 600MB worth of pics, so I'd rather not upload them more than once.

Back