• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Uconn Car Show

dairdevyld

Veteran CEG'er
The UConn Car Club would like to present to you the invitation of coming down and being a part of the Uconn Car Club's 4th Annual Spring Car Meet, on Sunday, April 15th, 2007.

What you need to know:
Storrs CT 06269
W-Lot Parking lot on the Storrs Campus
(see map below)

Hours:
Gates Open @ 9am
Gates Close When the Parking Lot Capacity has been reached.
Events occuring between 1130-2
Registration Closes at 12pm
Trophies by 3-4pm

Price:
- Free to Spectate
- $10 dollars to Participate

Parking:
If you have a party of 7 participating vehicles or more, preregister at www.uconncarclub.com by clicking on the forum and posting under the category 2007 Car Show > Preregistration. State your club name, # of participants, along with one member's contact information (Phone Number or Screenname.)

Events:
Pizza Eating Contest, Tire Throwing Competition, High/Low Competition, and an Exhaust Sound-off; These will be occuring throughout the day, starting at 1130am ending around 2pm. Prizes will be awarded to winners, pariticpation is limited.

Bragging Rights
- For those of you have yet to witness one of our shows, We tend to amass some of the greatest diversity among cars under one name. Anyone who has been to a previous show can attest that theres something for everyone. Whether its Classics, Domestics, Imports, Euros or even supercars that you are into, this show embodies the presence of all the aforementioned makes. Pics from last years show

- Our show does start early but we have thought of the solution to entice early arrival, Red Bull. Red Bull will be present at the show handing out Red Bulls, and even better, Theres a great possibility that they will bring one of their vehicles (Drift Solstice, one of the F1 cars, Nascar).

Onto the Trophies:
Trophies Include: Best In Show. Best Import, Domestic, Euro, Exotic. Best Honda/Acura, Toyota, Subaru, Nissan & Other. Best Ford, Chevy, Dodge & Other. Best BMW, VW/Audi & Other. Best Offroad Truck. Best Lowrider Truck.
Sleeper Award, UC3 Choice Award, Club Participation Award, & Best Club Award.

Note: Best Club Participation Club Award goes to the club with the most participating members. Best Club Award will be awarded to the club UC3 finds to embody as the "best."

Other mentionables:
- The parking lot has a maximum capacity of around 600 cars. Once the parking lot is full, THE GATES WILL BE CLOSED. No ifs ands or buts, plan accordingly and it should not be a problem.
- Arrive with the people you want to park with, theres will not be any room to leave empty parking spaces open. (see below for parking lots outside of the show that you can congregate at prior to arrival)
- Judging will be ballot based and will begin at exactly noon. Those who arrive a minute past noon will not be susceptible to registration or judging for that matter.
- Yes, different from last year, we will have portapotties within the show perimeters. More food vendors as well.

Sponsors/Vendors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor to the show please contact me for further details. Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Please forward any questions or comments to uconncarclub@gmail.com

Found this on another board, figured I'd post it for all the CT and New England people. Maybe we could do a CEG preregistration. I know Brian and Chris were there last year as was I but with a different club. Perhaps we can pack it this year so they have to give a contour the Ford award instead of to a freakin Ford Explorer Sport Trac with 20's.:mad:

People loved the caddy last year! Hopefully people won't think my car was one of the ones that just forgot to move out of the lot the night before :laugh:

1. dairdevyld
2. brapple (will show if no rain otherwise spectate)
3. Elky (maybe)
4. fbc2/cobra (maybe)
5. hotdimmes
6. Goonz SVT (maybe)
7. cannondalemtb

1. dairdevyld
2. brapple (will show if no rain otherwise spectate)
3. Elky (maybe)
4. fbc2/cobra (maybe)
5. hotdimmes
6. Goonz SVT (maybe)
7. cannondalemtb

ok we are getting close to the date, ever one still in and would everyone like to meet somewhere first and drive to UCONN together? There is a commuter lot of exit 69 on 84 that might be a good spot, but it would also kinda be out of the way for people coming from either direction.

yeah im still down for going...don't know if I'll enter my car though. I hate looking unfinished and I don't think i'll have an exhaust by then.

I'm still in. And I'll be there in #9 obviously.

In which direction would that exit be out of the way for? In other words, I'm coming from the east. So will that commuter lot be out of the way for me or for people coming in the other direction?

I'm still in. And I'll be there in #9 obviously.

In which direction would that exit be out of the way for? In other words, I'm coming from the east. So will that commuter lot be out of the way for me or for people coming in the other direction?

if you are coming down 84 west you would really want to take exit 70, Rt 32 to get to UCONN ...

if you are heading on 84 East you would want to take exit 68, RT 191

otherwise we could meet at Big Y off exit 68 ... no real spots to meet off exit 70 ...

map_storrs.gif

W-lot is the first parking lot you come to when you hit campus on 195

Last edited:
guys last year the lot filled up fairly quickly so I suggest that we meet at 9 am and head right over so we can all park together. last year we made it in but had alittle trouble finding parking, more so for elky and hearse ...

you know ... I was just looking at google maps and I think the commuter parking lot off exit 68 is a good stop to meet, we can get to Uconn easily from there, just a short drive and there will be sapce for us at the lot to meet up

Last edited:
guys last year the lot filled up fairly quickly so I suggest that we meet at 9 am and head right over so we can all park together. last year we made it in but had alittle trouble finding parking, more so for elky and hearse ...

So shouldn't we meet earlier, like 8:30 since the gates open at 9?
That way the people on time will meet up at 8:30 and the stragglers will still be able to make it in time.

I was just looking at a map and directions on mapquest and I realized that I won't even be taking 84 to get there. The best route for me is to take route 6. Therefore it's looking best that I meet up with everyone at Uconn or I guess I could go out of the way to take 84, but that just doesn't seem worth it. Idk. Any ideas Brian?

Last edited:
um, we can try to find a spot closer to Uconn ... but it is best to met first. at the entrance to the lot you head straight down to the entry point and into the log, there really isn't a spot to meet there that would be easy to get in and out of. So I will leave it up to you or you can get me on aim tonight and we can talk about it

Back