• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour Police Car?

Lou3

CEG'er
While driving to work this morning, I saw a late-model Contour Sport on Rt 202 in Chester County. When it passed me, I saw a blue light and a white light mounted in the rear window. I'm not sure what style of lights indicate what kind of emergency vehicle, but I think it was an unmarked police car. If they modified the car for pursuit work, I'd be interested to know what those modifications are.

Probably not a police car, I doubt they would use a Contour around here. I guess ya never know though.
Was it a light bar or two separate lights?

They were two separate lights. They were about 2" x 5", blue on the driver side and white on the passenger side. I too thought it would be odd to use a Contour as a police car, but you never know. I didn't get a good look at the driver.

Last edited:
depending on departments, some stations have just a go getter car for driving to places, like donuts :laugh: Who knows :shrug:

Probably not the cops then. Some do use seized cars for undercover stuff but with the light description it's unlikely.

I'm pretty sure that red and blue lights on a car constitutes impersonating and officer and is quite illegal, as was said, probably a Volunteer firefighter or it could even be a mailman, I know around this area there are several mail carriers who have blue strobes on the top of their cars, and since most of the people on my hill are in our volunteer fire department I know they all have blue lights on top of their cars.

I'm pretty sure that red and blue lights on a car constitutes impersonating and officer and is quite illegal

as long as the lights arent on, you're fine. my buddy has a police light bar on his winter beater civic. cops said its fine unless you flick them on

No red light Dan, it was a blue and a white.
Volunteer fire dude probably.

your state is wierd...
red lights for police and blue lights for fire?
thats bass ackwards!

Back