• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID Recommendation?

Yawak

CEG'er
where and what to buy, please?... i noticed some people where selling them.

Last edited:
Goonz and pud will be here in minute to tell you what to do.

If you want something for an affordable price (under 200) that does the job, pm me.

But if you want to waste a bunch of money, then wait for goonz and pud.

Goonz and pud will be here in minute to tell you what to do.

If you want something for an affordable price (under 200) that does the job, pm me.

But if you want to waste a bunch of money, then wait for goonz and pud.

Woah woah woah!! Weren't you just complaining about one of your HID's going bad? How is it wasting money if they buy something quality, and they aren't going through lights? More importantly, why would you recommend the lights you have? Just because YOU have them? Or do you have experience with other companies that sell junk HID's?

Mark

Rawburt you You bait goonz and I everychance you get, and you've been warned before. So quit. You're happy with your discount brand HID stuff, but you have absolutley NO CLUE about the margin of improvment a retrofit, or even from buying a proper HID kit can offer.

Speak of things you know about. Not what you do not.

Last edited:
Didn't burn out. Just a blown fuse.

It all depends whether this guy wants to spend the big bucks on top of the line stuff. Or just grab something off ebay that does the trick. Those are his two options, lets wait until he makes a decision to turn this thread to ****.

Here we go again, I didnt say anything wrong whatsoever and you blew up. Maybe you need the STFU and stop trying to pawn off your projectors to every person who asks a question about HIDs. :cry:

Last edited:
In case you havent noticed, (which you havent) I dont actively sell my projectors. Any business that comes to me is from people seeking me out. Much like you seek stazi out to do any and all work on your car. Stazi doesnt come to you.

and you did say something wrong. You used the word 'waste' regarding buying good parts. How can it be wastefull? some people prefer to do things right and not skate buy with cheap parts.

Last edited:
To the origional poster, this is what rawburt suggests that you purchase, an HID rebase kit (this is for a mustang):

This is the 'waste' of money he's telling you to skip over:

It depends what you're going for, if you just want that HID look but not a huge increase in performance then go ahead and get a rebase. If you're looking for a true increase in performance and look (you'll never get that cool flicker you see on Beemers out of a rebase) than you need to look into retrofitting projectors. PM me I can point you to a few resources for how to do it yourself, since im booked for quite a while.

im not even talking about the rancid color of the light, im talking about the absolutley retarded output. Better have good brakes if you can only see 15 ft in front of you.

did i just hit a sore spot or what?!?! :help:

:laugh:

i just wanted some advice on an hid conversion..... :shocked:

To the origional poster, this is what rawburt suggests that you purchase, an HID rebase kit (this is for a mustang):
Holy crap, that HID kit looks worse than my crappy headlights. I was gonna go with a 6000k kid from xenondepot.com but damn that spread of light looks like sh*t for a rebase :shocked:

Thats exactly what I was trying to convey. Everyone knows how ****ty the light spread is on the headlights, yet somehow think putting HID's in will change where the light goes.... wrong.

Thats exactly what I was trying to convey. Everyone knows how ****ty the light spread is on the headlights, yet somehow think putting HID's in will change where the light goes.... wrong.

That wasn't what I had in mind when buying HID's... I knew it was an upgrade from stock, and they look good. Bling :cool:

Yawak already PM'd me about an HID kit and I have found him a decent one..

I wasnt in the mood to argue with rawburt..come SZ, we'll see whose got more bling :D

That wasn't what I had in mind when buying HID's... I knew it was an upgrade from stock, and they look good. Bling :cool:

Its not an upgrade from stock, You just made the 15 feet in front of you blue, not something I consider an 'upgrade'. I should also mention, once SZ rolls around, your 'bling' will look like a quarter machine plastic ring.

Its not an upgrade from stock, You just made the 15 feet in front of you blue, not something I consider an 'upgrade'. I should also mention, once SZ rolls around, your 'bling' will look like a quarter machine plastic ring.

I need to find the clear lens!! blah!!:blackeye:

Back