• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

installing tru-bendz

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
ok so i have had this exhaust sitting in my basement forever. tomorrow I'm going to try and install it myself. Ive checked and expanded all the pipes so they fit into one another. now I'm asking is there and tips or tricks you have for me. I'm going to use the exhaust clamps until i get it welded. any problems i may run into? Also i plan on going and getting some RTV- gasket stuff for the flange to use along with the gasket i have. or should i just use the gasket? this is a Tru-Bendz non-res magnaflow. thanks again. - Jon

I've installed 2 trubendz systems, and the only problem I've had was geting the tips aligned. The passinger side has always worked out fine, but the drivers side hangar needed to be heated up and knocked over about an inch. Add's about 5-10 minutes to install time, but pretty easy to do.

if you're using a lift.. simple, torch the old bolts off, take it off. put it up..

we tried to do it in a drive way by ourselves first, jacked up the rear and got under there, couldn't get a socket or a wrench around the bolts off the cat. and the pb blast stuff, or what ever failed.

but getting it one once everything is off isnt that hard. my mech banged the heat shield closer to the frame, the borla pro xs was a tight fit.

ok thanks guys now i feel more confident. but i just realized they sent me only 4 clamps. and i think i need 6. now as far as the drivers rear tip hanger do you mean bending it or moving it? i also just noticed that the stock hangers have caps on them to keep it from comming off the rubber hanger. will i have any problems with the new ones comming off?

Use some lube on the rubber so that the hangars will slide off easier. And I mean bending the hangar was required for my kits, could be dif for yours.

And yea, those bolts up by the cat were rusted to the flange on mine. After trying everything to get them out, i would un taking a grinder to both of the faces and that loosened it enough to pry the two flanges apart.

well its on now. the bolts came off like cake. no prob. but i fuged up the drivers rear hanger trying to bend it. god its loud, to loud and i don't have headers just the cat back. i guess i will be putting a res on it sometime. also i think the tips get hotter than the stock exhaust. kinda odd

Last edited:
ok i really want res. now. mine is to loud and i short shift past cops. and it sounds like rice/hollow up high. do you think trubendz would sell me just the 2 rear pipes with the res in them? that would be the easiest for me. then i could sell mine to someone that likes my tips better than the normal ones they might have.

but i did notice my power-band feels a little smother

Even the resonated system is loud, and it only got louder when I tore the main cat out... Not looking forward to 3.0 + headers + gutted cat

Even the resonated system is loud, and it only got louder when I tore the main cat out... Not looking forward to 3.0 + headers + gutted cat

well i will not have headers or be taking out the cat. and i have emission testing next month and i hope they don't tell me its to loud. low end it very very loud, like i could set off car alarms with the drone. so you don't think it will quiet down with 2 resonators?

Last edited:

Go to the exhaust clips section in "DURA PERF" and the last post on there is mine. I have a small vid that has my exhaust. 3L + MSDS + Tru hi-flow cat and Y + tru magnaflow resonated catback.

Its not too loud.

well i will not have headers or be taking out the cat. and i have emission testing next month and i hope they don't tell me its to loud. low end it very very loud, like i could set off car alarms with the drone. so you don't think it will quiet down with 2 resonators?

Yes...it will quiet down big time. When i had my set up, and non res...it was loud as balls under 3k, and above it was raspy and loud as hell. now with the res on there, its alot smoother and calmer.

Yes...it will quiet down big time. When i had my set up, and non res...it was loud as balls under 3k, and above it was raspy and loud as hell. now with the res on there, its alot smoother and calmer.

ive seen your vid. its just hard to say when i dont have headers.

Go to the exhaust clips section in "DURA PERF" and the last post on there is mine. I have a small vid that has my exhaust. 3L + MSDS + Tru hi-flow cat and Y + tru magnaflow resonated catback.

Its not too loud.

you still have the cat in there :p

ill live with for a while. the turbo should calm it down enough :p

well i have emailed trubendz about getting the rear pipes. we shall see what they say. also the Y is snug up under the trunk. there for touching it. amd i think its rattling there.

I just installed my trubendz with no-res and a magnaflow. Man I think my car is pretty quiet. I drive past cops all the time, at 4k, and they don't even shoot me a glance. I will admit its a little ricey up top, but i like the nice low tone below 4k. I guess I'm just used to my friends SRT4 that's catless and mufflerless, the only thing muffling anything is the stage 3 turbo :laugh: . But maybe I have a clogged cat or something that is making mine quieter than it should be.

-Jon

Back