• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Daytime Running Lights

Aaron88

Hard-core CEG'er
Does anyone know the part # for the DRL relay for 98+ Contour's?

Any pic's of what this relay looks like would also be appreciated. :cool:

Or if you have one laying around that you would be willing to part with, let me know. :)

might be it.. i googled it.

F6RZ-13B218-0AA for the Contour.

umm, can't you just reach over and turn the headlights on when you start the car..? i do it every day myself?

might be it.. i googled it.

F6RZ-13B218-0AA for the Contour.

umm, can't you just reach over and turn the headlights on when you start the car..? i do it every day myself?

its the highbeams that turn on half lit w/ the realy. It's more for looks. I have one and like it. Took me forever to get one.

ah, i get it.. i just did my fog light mod thing last week, so i've been all over that driving during the day. IMO i think the fogs only looks better driving then these running lights...

ah, i get it.. i just did my fog light mod thing last week, so i've been all over that driving during the day. IMO i think the fogs only looks better driving then these running lights...

fog light mod was the 1st mod I did. I was all over that mod when I 1st did it. Now I don't really use it much but I'm glad I have the option to turn em on w/ the parking lights. I just like how the DRL's look mean during the day on my car w/ the eyebrows. Plus I love when the DRL's are on and then I fire up the HID's. The switch/color change is pretty cool.

Correct DRL part number

Correct DRL part number

Part number is: F5RZ-14N089-E, large white relay, remove jumper from relay socket, plug in, works! Part number is right unless superseded, works in 1995 and 1998.

DSCF0480.jpg

it has a green dot on the top but I can't find that pic.

Cool :cool: , thanks for the help.

Is it possible to find that relay at a junkyard (that is, if it came standard on any Contour's), or is it a part that you must get through Ford?

teamSVTour and 69Boss302where did you get your relay at?

Is it possible to find that relay at a junkyard (that is, if it came standard on any Contour's), or is it a part that you must get through Ford?

i beleive they where an option so you will not have much luck finding one in the junk yard but you need something other then a base model car to have a chance to find one ... also it is only $20 from teamfordparts.com which is where I got mone and will be getting another

i know drl's may add safety or whatnot, but i don't like them for some reason. I have the on my corolla but i disabled them, they are now on a switch so i can turn them on or off as i please, but with HID's i don't want them being half powered because that may cause damage.

DRLs were standard in Canada. $20 is a good deal, mine were much more even at "discount" from local dealer.

After mush searching on my own at the junk yards and posting in the classifieds here I was unable to find one. 69Boss302 actually was nice enough to get me mine from a junk yard. These are very hard to come by. I almost had to order mine through Ford. That pic he posted above is a pic of the actual relay he found for me before he sent it.

26 and some change shipped from bill at team ford parts. only took 3 day to get mine. and when i got mine about a month ago he had 2 in stock..

but didn't you get yours from some one on here used? not many people who don't like DRL want to part with there relay. don't make sence to me. I love that look.

but didn't you get yours from some one on here used? not many people who don't like DRL want to part with there relay. don't make sence to me. I love that look.

After mush searching on my own at the junk yards and posting in the classifieds here I was unable to find one. 69Boss302 actually was nice enough to get me mine from a junk yard. These are very hard to come by. I almost had to order mine through Ford. That pic he posted above is a pic of the actual relay he found for me before he sent it.

Back