• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got to thinkin...

I would have to guess its either stored some place or maybe was used for crash testing maybe?

I think i'm more likely to believe that it is stored rather than used for a crash test. I'm pretty sure that the REAL number was, but the number of released in a production line would be stored i'd guess. Because i'm sure they have many cars built nd tested before number for release to the public.

I think i'm more likely to believe that it is stored rather than used for a crash test. I'm pretty sure that the REAL number was, but the number of released in a production line would be stored i'd guess. Because i'm sure they have many cars built nd tested before number for release to the public.

I believe the first 4 were built for testing only. The remaning cars were sold to the public.

Ford svt only has a 2000 svt model in there warehouse. Which i was told will be junked.:blackeye:

Kinda like the svt ranger with that 95 cobra motor and vortech supercharger. They threw that thing in the dumpster. I flipped literally. What a waste... :mad: :nonono:

Call up SVT and and ask em.

thats funny, because i called today for a build number and just asked them this question out of no where.

the guy john said that all svts were put into circulation. they dont have any locked up in a vault (because i asked him that haha)

and, i also asked him about whether or not our cars will appriciate in value or not. and all he said was, "if i had known that a 66 mustang would be worth something these days, then i wouldn't have told my father that i didn't like it when i was 8"

i ALSO, asked him about SVT closeing down. and there are only there as a part of ford know. Ford has all say in what cars get the badgeing now. he says that the Ford Mustang GT-500 isn't in any way a Cobra, but it still holds the SVT badge untill 2008, after that its all up to them.

thats bout it

Back