• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How about this rain??

TGO

King of the OFT
It's a freakin' monsoon!!!

I went to my cousin's house to watch the soprano's, coming home i had to take a detour, because there were 2 cars in water up to their windows with water!! Cops closed off the road - i'm curious how they got in there int he first place. There's no way anyone could have thought they'd make it through!

All the low streets are under water.

Oh, and the Sirius antenna wire, thin as it is, must have made a gap in the passenger side door weatherstripping and the heavy rain just forced water through. The door/seat was soaked :mad:

I've gotta route it a better way....

I heard NYC got over 6 inches of rain which equals about 62 inches of snow! Thats crazy. We have gotten just under 2 inches of rain here. I hate rain.

I ran mine to the trunk lid. I also hear of success stories of it working fine by just sitting in on the rear deck of the back window.

well its like a gps receiver as long as it has a clear shot to the sky ... now I could see an issues might come up depending on which direction you srive but you never know ...

also I think I have determined I will never get a sat radio .... yes its very nice and all as I have used it in rental cars but loosing the signal because of trees over the road .... that sucks ....

Wow, I live in the sticks and never had that problem. The only time I lose signal is going under large overpasses for the highway. Even that's rare though.

I had two pools as of 8p last night. The garage was totally flooded and it came into the basement. Also, in the back of the basement, there was water coming in. Just went downstairs and the water is back! Goodie :(

My Sirius antenna runs under the carpet and along the side of the rear seat, and sits in the rear deck. Never have any problems. You just need to find a way to anchor it to the carpet so it doesn't slide around.

We got about 2" of rain here, and now like another 8" of snow. Not liking this kind of weather in mid April!

Hooray for April...it missed the memo that it was Spring.:mad:

goddamnsnow.jpg

We got a tiny bit of slushy crap. But, the rain was incredible!!
We had to go drain the pool (during the rain), it almost overflowed. :crazy:

Sorry to hear about the water Chris. :( I got nailed during hurricane Ivan, what a mess. I feel your pain.

I have those you moron. :laugh: ;)
The rain hit the side of house below the gutters, the ground couldn't handle all the added moisture and therefor leaked into the basement. At least that's what I was told by the FEMA dude.

The majority of my basement got refinished. What a PITA!!

I sure hope you get what I was talking about.

Because if you did, you'd be deleting my post and editing yours. :laugh:

I got you. ;)
I just changed the direction of the thread and posted the way I did so it stayed on topic. :laugh:

That's true. We all know sooner or later where this thread will go.
:D

it's still pouring here. mad people i know have flooding issues in their houses.

i want to run the antenna out the trunk, i just haven't got around to doing it yet. the rear deck doesn't work 100%. depending on what directino you go, you'll get a weak signal.

Last edited:
Back