• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car Jacked! (ARIZONA)

Justin, check out this hood on eBay. Looks exactly like yours. Its in San Diego, and it popped up within 3 days of your car getting taken.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-0...ryZ33646QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pics look like that of some sort of chop-shop, so its possible. I doubt the cops in SD would do anything about it, but its worth a shot.

5643_1.JPG

57f4_1.JPG

548f_1.JPG

Maybe one of our SoCal friends can check on this and see if there are any signs of it being used? Its advertised as "New", but its still suspicious nonetheless.

i dunno man! could be. kinda fishy it pops up a few days after mines jacked. those hoods are hella rare! pisses me off son. i loved that hood, i need to track down some wheels for my car! anybody got some loaners ?

Did your hood have ANY damage to it? Like a chipped corner or a scratch anywhere? Could you tell if it was your hood or not by some detailed pics?

Someone posted about that hood already asking about the seller. Someone has bought from them before, said they were a legit shop. They also have a bunch of other CF stuff on Ebay. Its definately weird though. It would be a long shot but you could contact the shop and ask about it a little. If they are legit they wouldn't want to be dealing in stolen goods.

Yah morbid pointed it out to me too, mine did have some blemishes but u cant tell if that hood does or doesn't. it could be legit, and probably is... who knows where mine is now :shrug: ... anyhow i was wondering if anybody could help me track down a stock black hood, and some E0 or E1's for my csvt until i have $ for real rims again :cry:

I just read up on your post and I'm really sorry to hear about car. I'd be so pissed if that happend to me.

But I was browsing eBay for a new headunit and came across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PION...8QQihZ010QQcategoryZ43947QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't now what HU you had but I see you had a pioneer something in your car. But then again my hunch could be right. :shrug:

Good luck and I hope everything works out.

Thanks i appreciate it. im just tryign to sort out an electrical short, when i turn on my headlights my car dies. (it pops the 20amp fuse that runs the ignition. im not sure where its grounding but it is somewhere, i have a feeling its from them tearing out the alarm i had on the car. somewhere where the lights were hooked into the alarm is grounding out or shorting somewhere.. its annoying! anyway, i got a pair of 16" csvt E1's from Morbid to run on temporarily until i get new rims (or we work out a deal for me to buy them from him) i still need to re-attach some door pannels, my vanity dash plate, and some door handles/window switches... lots of minor stuff like that. and big stuff like a hood and a rear-pass window :nonono:

****ING THIEVES!!!! :mad:

damn man...good luck with everything. if you need something, you could PM Reebs. He has my old car and is parting it out, he has been doing it for a while so i am not sure what he has left, if anything, but there might be somethings that he has that you could use to fix your car up! good luck, sorry to hear how F*cked up people can be!

I've got plenty of switches, no problem there. just PM me your address. I could also pull a whole battery cable if needed.

I received your package today sir. i wanted to tell you how thankful i am! thank you very much, i really appreciate the jack point cover as well! :D

U ever need a hand w/ anything let me know, i owe u!

hey, I was just about to let you know that I sent it out finally. Is there anything else you need? Do you need the main switch too on the drivers door? Forgot to ask. How about the battery cables?

I can get a glass for you but the shipping may be a bit much. Side windows cost me $25 - $30 and shipping would probably run about another $30 through UPS. Which is still cheaper than what I was going to pay when mine was broken into.

Just let me know.

ill hunt around my area for a window first, but if i cantfind one, ill have u ship one out to me... only thing i can think of that i need now, is the front battery tie down bar... and if you have some aftermarket plug wires i'd buy them from you, my taylors were stolen... uummm thats it for now. if i think of anything else, i'll hit u up! thanks again!

are you talking about the strap that goes across the top of the battery? If so, I think I still have one. And I should still have a set of Ford Racing plug wires I pulled off my project SVT. I'll check a little bit later when I go out to the garage.

i have a battery tie down you can have. just pay for shipping.

i also have a rear passenger window you can have for free if you pay the shipping.

Last edited:
cool man, PM me and i'll set up something to have that stuff shipped out. i only need the one bar. (front of battery) but ill take the whole thing for "just in case"

boss: how much do you want for the plug wires? ill try and have the money ready ASAP. i need to do my plugs son anyhow so i'd like to have those ready to install with fresh plugs

Damn man, thanks soo much! whenever we meet up i'll throw u some money for all your help/parts! really glad to have people like you around to help out! :cool:

Back