• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just wondering....

SVTRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
I was bored and wanted to know if there was anyone on this site that was in Delaware or lived realitivly close to Dover,DE. It's really boring being the only SVT around and not seeing any others....i hate it really bad. Especially at the cruise nights. forced to park with mustangs..... :-( well...let me know. Thanks

come on! its fun parking next to mustangs. theres a huge cruise night every wednesday around here with thousands of people. theres about 30 mustangs and one lonely contour. they love it!

How did you make out with the brake job? Ever figure out what was wrong?

I wish I had a SVT to drive at the moment.

Even went riding the last few days trying to find something around here and got nothing. I might as well have been talking to Terry Schiavo.

^ In good time. Your SVT will be back and better than it was before. :)

i was gonna send you a pm about it christine. he had the wrong calipers

The wrong calipers were on the car when he bought it? :confused:

I was bored and wanted to know if there was anyone on this site that was in Delaware or lived realitivly close to Dover,DE. It's really boring being the only SVT around and not seeing any others....i hate it really bad. Especially at the cruise nights. forced to park with mustangs..... :-( well...let me know. Thanks

Yep I Live in Wilmington,DE......It does suck being the only CSVT around but also a good thing because you don't see your car every day like you ould a civic,mustang.anyways i'll shoot you a pm.

Man!!Look at all these ppl cluttering up this thread...the OP ? was never answer or even brought up.

i was gonna send you a pm about it christine. he had the wrong calipers

nope, he bought wrong calipers

I had no idea he got new calipers, I knew there was an issue when they installed the new brake pads/rotors with the wheels not wanting to turn. I remember him telling me that he thought he needed new calipers because of this, sounds like I missed some of the story.

Brandon, I was curious as to what was going on with SVT for a 16 year-old's car, that's all. He was bored, so I asked. ;)

I'm in salisbury about an hour from dover. I've seen another SF csvt around here last year, but not soo much lately.let me know if you guys wanna get together.

I had no idea he got new calipers, I knew there was an issue when they installed the new brake pads/rotors with the wheels not wanting to turn. I remember him telling me that he thought he needed new calipers because of this, sounds like I missed some of the story.

Brandon, I was curious as to what was going on with SVT for a 16 year-old's car, that's all. He was bored, so I asked. ;)

i never bought calipers. i took it into the dealer cause i was so effin pissed off with it. then the dealer called and told me the calipers werent even SVT and they put the correct ones on. costed me a fortune but oh well. but its all good now. i just need springs and struts. any suggestions?

If it makes you feel any better, I've only seen 2 CSVTs in Charlottesville. One T-red behind the UVA hospital (anyone here???) and a silfro that I'm pretty sure is the one I now own. Now that I think about it, I also saw a black one last year in a tiiiiny used car lot off Rt. 20 in central VA (middle of nowhere, don't know what town). I remember they wanted over $5k and it was pretty beat. FWIW I haven't spotted any others anywhere in the last 2ish years, which is about when I started looking. I think all the MI'ers have them :laugh:

i never bought calipers. i took it into the dealer cause i was so effin pissed off with it. then the dealer called and told me the calipers werent even SVT and they put the correct ones on. costed me a fortune but oh well. but its all good now. i just need springs and struts. any suggestions?

Thank you for explaining. I knew I was missing a piece of the puzzle somewhere along the line. Glad that everything is OK now. :)

Check out the suspension forums, tons of info for ya on the struts/springs.

well like LUCA said check out the suspension page. but, my recomendtion would be to get Bilstein struts and eibach springs. Thats what im going to be getting very soon :)

[/quote]
Brandon, I was curious as to what was going on with SVT for a 16 year-old's car, that's all. He was bored, so I asked. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ok I reread the thread...I'm sorry luca I didn'tnotice that you were talking to him...my bad:troutslap:for me.

Back