• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

They got me.

Vics top out at 123? You're all misinformed.... Come to Birmingham and we'll see what they top out at..... I seriously doubt he told you he couldn't catch you, he could.. trust me.

my dad said that when he tested his new PI 07 vic, he hit 138 on the test track and he thought it might have had a few mph left, he estimated with more space it couldve done 145mph.

btw my dad is a state cop...

damn. good one dude! i wouldnt have stopped. you may out run the cops but the not the radio bs dont fly with me. maybe im still young and dumb but it has worked for me:shrug: :crazy:

I beg to differ. My '06 Vic with 15k miles on it runs out of steam at around 125 MPH and if I remember correctly the IP package is nothing more than stiffer suspencion, bigger brakes and different gears in the transmittion. Also speeds are not correct after hitting triple digits I know because my car is equiped with GPS and the speeds differs drastically after about 115 MPH. Also you have to consider the extra weight that is carried in the car, I.E. light bar, cage, guns ( shotgun, rifle, non-leathal shotgun), paper work, flares, first aid equipment, fire extinguisher, stop-sticks, toughbook (laptop), printer, camera recoding system, riot gear, riot shield, chemical agent suits with all of the accesories and I could keep on going with more equipment that I could mention. Also the speedometer on the '06 and above PI vics only mark a top speed of 140 MPH on the dial with the red line starting at 5500 RPMs.

~~Suriel

Forgot to mention my '06 vic is a PI equiped car.

Last edited:
my dad said that when he tested his new PI 07 vic, he hit 138 on the test track and he thought it might have had a few mph left, he estimated with more space it couldve done 145mph.

btw my dad is a state cop...

I call BS on this. First of all I do not know of any cop who would take his department issued vehicle into a track to run it. It would be against policy to use your vehicle in this manner. If you can produce slips then I will humbly apologize.

~~Suriel

Who has the BS icon?

doesnt really matter how fast a vic can go even tho alot of the under covers can do 140 the point is he is a moron for doing 120 on a public road and has no business behind the wheel of a car

doesnt really matter how fast a vic can go even tho alot of the under covers can do 140 the point is he is a moron for doing 120 on a public road and has no business behind the wheel of a car

I can't agree more, there is another moron over on FCO that has a video of him hitting 140+. What is it with these kids???? I remember I just wanted the courage to go 100 back in the day!!

If you're in such a hurry to go to your grave then do it where you wont take out someone elses family... Any moron can peg their gas pedal to the wood and go fast. jerks like you end up taken out little boy/girls daddy or mommy or both..if you dont take out the whole family just because you are trying to make up for being a little man down below....

Yeah going 120 and over is stupid. Really crazy for cops to do it. Not that I've ever seen a cop going that fast a few weeks ago.

then why did you do it on the skyway w/ me?:crazy:

so much bickering going on over some dude gettin a ticket. just say damn dude you got lucky and move on. quit raggin on the guy. it aint like no one else here aint tryed or been that fast before:rolleyes:

Back