• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dents!!!

novellino21

Veteran CEG'er
So my svt got F**** up from hail really bad and it's all across the hood, top, trunk lid, and some how a little on the doors. My insurence wont cover it, i got an estimate and cant afford it. I thought that maybe i can take some out myself out of the hood and trunk lid since they seem to be pretty easy to get to from both sides.
Anybody have any ideas of how i can get these dents out, they're not very big at all.
Any tools that work good or tricks?

So my svt got F**** up from hail really bad and it's all across the hood, top, trunk lid, and some how a little on the doors. My insurence wont cover it, i got an estimate and cant afford it. I thought that maybe i can take some out myself out of the hood and trunk lid since they seem to be pretty easy to get to from both sides.
Anybody have any ideas of how i can get these dents out, they're not very big at all.
Any tools that work good or tricks?

You might as well buy a new trunk and hood at a junk yard. Or look in classifieds for cars being parted out.

Check www.car-parts.com for any local junkyards who might have the parts you need for a good price.

Now the roof must be fixed. I would pay someone to do that since it will only be the last item to fix.

How much did they quote you? Also ask them for a quote for only the roof.

Well i got the quote from the body guy at my work who gives me a discount. I've had him fix my front and rear bumper last week. He told me $400 for everything (that includes uninstall&install of sunroof). I dont know about just the roof, i'll ask tomorrow if he's around. But as cheap as 400 is i cant afford it right now and i dont want to go through the hassle of finding new parts and then painting them.

Isnt there anything people have used before to get dents out? I heard that dry ice gets dents out or somthing like that.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated by me!!!!!!:)

Well i got the quote from the body guy at my work who gives me a discount. I've had him fix my front and rear bumper last week. He told me $400 for everything (that includes uninstall&install of sunroof). I dont know about just the roof, i'll ask tomorrow if he's around. But as cheap as 400 is i cant afford it right now and i dont want to go through the hassle of finding new parts and then painting them.

Isnt there anything people have used before to get dents out? I heard that dry ice gets dents out or somthing like that.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated by me!!!!!!:)

Umm you can find a trunk and hood for 200 out the door. The same color as your car too.

If you like you can hire a dent removal guy. Who comes to yourhouse and works at removing dents from your car. They charge per dent. In your case that might be not worth it.

Back