• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CEL code P0133 99'misty LS 2.5 l V6

ottoschutze

CEG'er
After the dealer checked my CEL.. charged me $ 100.00 to read the code as P0133 . Since dealer wanted over $ 400.00 to install o2 sensor ,I went to Murray's auto parts ,they read code again for free ...
Bank 1 ,upper /upstream in precat towards radiator and also said "Cat below threshhold ???"" .. new Bosch o2 sensor # 13115 ,4 wire same matches Mercury part #250-24015 ( $ 49.00) seems ok to get to.. However if the upper o2 sensor ( precat) on the firewall side goes ,how do I reach that to remove ???
It seems very hard to get to ..from top or below the car?
Thanks .

Rear sensor, if you can reach it will not be bad

Rear sensor, if you can reach it will not be bad

I had P1131, changed rear sensor from top, may be easier with car on lift and offset wrench. See P1131 Topic I'd use a Motorcraft, see www.rockauto.com. For your front one, it might be the same part number I used.

... went ahead and tried the front/upper (Bank 2 ) o2 precat sensor ,
used a
Bosch 13115 ,and it was a fairly easy switch ,just the terminal was a bit tricky for my old thick fingers,used a very long needle nose to pull the terminal.
I am determined to do the Bank 1 upper soon.. that one will be a pain I
imagine ..can I pull the engine forward somehow to give my hand a little
more room., maybe take the coil pack off ,too?

Yes, the coil pack can be removed and set aside, possibly without unhooking the ignition wires, watch out for the ground wire and capacitor under the corners, so they don't fall into parts unknown.

Back