• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nos?

s.rich06

CEG'er
Hi guys i was thinking about putting nitrous on my 96 tour v6. How good does our car take to nitrous. I was thinking of a 65 shot. I currently have 130k on the clock. With everything stock for now. Any suggestions?

wow, how did I know I would find the same post word for word over on FCO :rolleyes:

please start searching and reading, these questions are getting out of hand ...

And for the love of God, N.O.S. stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems. It's a BRAND. When you call Holley's tech line, they call it "En Oh Ess", not "nawz" or "noss".

14347956242dc647b8b2a0.gif

I did research on it and i found that it wont do any harm to your engine other than normal wear and tear. I wanted to know the biggest shot i could do. or has anyone had any problems while using it. Yall didn't have a rag me.:mad:

i still say go 4 it though.....i mean screw it it will prob. hold up for a bit and if it blows up fix it and break it again :laugh: thats what i would do but, oh yea mine is in the garage awaiting its new motor not runnin. so dont listen to me

not this time but as soon as its back together i prob. will

i only sprayed mine once it is fun

I probably will run nitrous. My bro had it on his 02 spec V and it worked like wonders no problem or anything. He taking it off cuz he getting ready to get a srt-4 and giving me the nitrous kit. Sure i would love to run nitrous. I probably will do either a 65 shot or a 55 shot im not sure yet. He was using a 75 on his.

I know it can be done safely and im going to do it. Im getting ready to put a svt engine in my car in july. So I have no choice but to blew this one up.:laugh:

Back