• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

jcorion

New CEG'er
Hey guys!!! I am new here and this site is awesome. I have a 1999 Contour SVT silver frost color with 115k on the speedo.

I hate to start with a question but I have no choice guys. I am frantically looking for the wiring diagram for the speed sensor connector. I have tried to locate the pig tail connector itself but Ford says its discontinued so I am stuck having to identify the wires so I can splice (someone cut the wires and the speedo does not work).

If anyone has this please let me know............tried to load some pics so lets see if they work...:laugh:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa202/jcorion_bucket/SVTPics002.jpg
IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa202/jcorion_bucket/SVTPics002.jpg[/IMG]

SVTPics001.jpg

I am from GA guys. The exhuast is a custom job from my buddy's at Midas. Nice and thick but at the expense of little backpressure. The car winds up really fast with this 3 inch exhaust.

SVTPics009.jpg

So, why are the pics different? The undercar shot, and the outside shots have different tires and different exhaust.

So, why are the pics different? The undercar shot, and the outside shots have different tires and different exhaust.

All pics taken within 3 minutes of each other. Not sure what differences. Front tires are Khumo's 215/50 and rear are 225/50. Chrome exhaust tips with custom welded exhaust. I dont see how anything appears different.

Look at it again Rara, same location, same parking spot. I cant even see how you can tell the tires are different from these pics? Only close-up is the undercarriage shot with the front tire tread exposed. Maybe you think I have no mufflers? Cat and mufflers are all in place, this is not a free flow exhaust, got to pass inspection here in GA.....:laugh:

All pics taken within 3 minutes of each other. Not sure what differences. Front tires are Khumo's 215/50 and rear are 225/50. Chrome exhaust tips with custom welded exhaust. I dont see how anything appears different.

Look at it again Rara, same location, same parking spot. I cant even see how you can tell the tires are different from these pics? Only close-up is the undercarriage shot with the front tire tread exposed. Maybe you think I have no mufflers? Cat and mufflers are all in place, this is not a free flow exhaust, got to pass inspection here in GA.....:laugh:

Tread patterns look different in the pics . . . the fronts have a single main groove, and the rears appear to have 2 main grooves. That threw me a bit.

The tips look an awful lot like the stock tips, just seemed odd to me that you would do the custom 3" exhaust and then put stock tips back on, lol

Sorry, the rears are not Kuhmo, they are Yokahama Avid's. I had Kuhmo all the way around then the front tires got worn so I moved the rear to the front and bought wider tires for the back. The Yoka's are great tires.

My reasoning behind the tips was that I dont like the huge type funnel tips/mufflers that most guys have on the rice burners. I like to keep cars looking like they did when produced. The only 2 mods on this car is the exhaust and a K&N filter, thats it.

Besides, with the design of this exhaust being so large comming out of the motor then tapering back down to 2 inches on the way out gives it a VERY raspy/popping type noise at full throttle.

Thanks for all the good feedback!!! I will try and help as much as I can around here. I have had SVT's for years.

Welcome. I am in Kennesaw, so you're not too far down the road from me. I pass through that area every so often. Good to see another CSVT in GA.

Back