• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 contour A/C problem

yaskyjulio

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I went to the store and the ac was working great, i get back in my car and the ac dont work anymore, my compressor and blower motor still works but only if you jump it with 12 volts, basically they still work but if you turn the knob for ac it does not blow through the vents at all nothing works, I have replaced the ac know and it still dont do anything. All the fuses are still good, freon is still charged, just doesnt turn on at all. Does anyone know what is going on with this thing, tired of putting my into the car. :help:

Is the blower motor always dead? Or does it work at highest speed? Also, see Raven's post below, and Welcome to CEG!

Last edited:
98 contour A/C problem

Is the blower motor always dead? Or does it work at highest speed? Also, see Raven's post below, and Welcome to CEG!
the blower motor still works only if you put power to it, we have trouble shooted the motor all ready

Some have had wiring issues behind the drop down fuse box (drivers side). I think it is worth a look there.

Back