• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

And so It Begins.....

ymicz

New CEG'er
I got a baseline today. I also enjoyed my first dyno experience. I pulled 194.67whp / 234.92wtq and 192.71whp / 237.24wtq. Not bad for slushbox with 240/280 at the crank. My only mod has been a K&N drop-in filter. Plenty more are sitting on the workbench, i just need time to install them. I guess an average stock gtp pulls 190/230ish, so at almost 97k miles, and just a K&N drop-in, i guess I'm not doing too shabby.

The first video, is kinda long, he was calibrating the dyno and doing a test run, we tried 3rd but it shifted to 4th :(. So after he got it setup, I did 2 pulls in 2nd gear up to the rev limiter ~6k. I got many, many mods planned, this is only the begining. My ultimate goal is 350whp +/- and high 12's.

Here's some vids:

http://ymic.biz/vid/Test&Run.avi <--This on is big ~40mb
http://ymic.biz/vid/GPRun1.avi <--First One (highest HP)
http://ymic.biz/vid/GPRun2.avi <--Second One (highest TQ)

Holy engine movement batman!

Matt, get that SE on the dyno....i wanna see what you put down with the intakes installed :)

Matt, get that SE on the dyno....i wanna see what you put down with the intakes installed :)

agreed on the engine movement, some stiffer mounts would really help with putting the power to the wheels.

jeez I thought a supercharged engine would sound more... well... supercharged o_O

Yeh, yeh I need money first. Poly mounts are in the near future.

yeah gtp's are pretty nice cars. how much did you pay for it??

$7k, yes i rock.

agreed on the engine movement, some stiffer mounts would really help with putting the power to the wheels.

jeez I thought a supercharged engine would sound more... well... supercharged o_O

It will, I just gotta dump the air box, its a huge muffler.

A smaller pulley will help that.:drool:

Got a modular pulley waiting to go on, so i can swap pullies in 10-15 minutes.

so would a fender wall intake

Got one in the mail, more to come later ;-).

he'll have to redo the exhaust or he'll run into problems.

Why is that? The stock gtp is exhaust is fine into the 12's. There are extremely minimal gains to swapping cat back exhaust, unless you are going for a tone change. With a U-Bend delete, test pipe and headers, I think I'll be fine. (I'm ordering them next week)

I haven't been able to see the videos-- but I know that I have not heard one Pontiac exhaust that sounds good--- Sounds all clutered like a bunch of garbage-- Wierd sound-- But I always have liked the car itself-- Hope it runs strong for ya

With a U-Bend delete, test pipe and headers

that's what i meant, just saying that because there's more entailed than just swapping a pulley. and a decent amount of people tend to have KR problems.

i've been doing my homework. my cousin bought a 97 for $2500. needed some work, but he's still under 5 grand for the car. :cool:

I haven't been able to see the videos-- but I know that I have not heard one Pontiac exhaust that sounds good--- Sounds all clutered like a bunch of garbage-- Wierd sound-- But I always have liked the car itself-- Hope it runs strong for ya

gonna have to agree with you on this. 3800 + aftermarket exhaust = :nonono:

my cousin did a u bend delete, with 3" pipe all the way back into 2 flowmaster 40 series...way too loud. we're going to get some sort of resonator, but he hasn't decided on one yet.

Back