• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any Local meets soon?

SVTRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
I was bored and i happened to see a lot of svt sightings from around here, so...i just got to wondering if maybe a bunch of us could meet pu somewhere or if there was one already planned in the near future.

Guys/gals:

I'm doing a 3L install for a NECO member (Andyman) this weekend in my garage in Gainesville. More than happy to host- My wife will be at a baby shower Saturday. Bring some burgers/dogs, we'll grill out.

PM for cell # and directions.

^^^ ahh, my parents live in Fairfax...if my gf weren't coming down to Cville this weekend I'd totally be down for meeting you guys in Gainesville...maybe another weekend...

I'll be in Fairfax this weekend. I'm not sure for how long though. How much do you charge for a 3L swap?

Total cost depends on options (head work, port matching, don't forget tuning!) Labor charge I pretty much have nailed down- I quote ~20-24 hours of labor for everything (build 3L if necessary, remove old engine, swap over everything, install 3L, shakedown test), but that's a pretty generous figure and I usually come in under that.

However, my wife and I are expecting in August- So past mid-July, I'm not taking any more work for the foreseeable future. So this is probably the last one I'll be doing for a while.

Total cost depends on options (head work, port matching, don't forget tuning!) Labor charge I pretty much have nailed down- I quote ~20-24 hours of labor for everything (build 3L if necessary, remove old engine, swap over everything, install 3L, shakedown test), but that's a pretty generous figure and I usually come in under that.

However, my wife and I are expecting in August- So past mid-July, I'm not taking any more work for the foreseeable future. So this is probably the last one I'll be doing for a while.

Thanks for the info man. Trust me i don't have the money right now to do the swap, but now i know where to go when i do. {J}

If anyone is interested. Tomorrow morning at MIR, MACA(Mid Atlantic Cobra Association) are going head to head againt EFA(Eastern F-body Association). I'm going to be down there as a spectator.

Sooo uh yeah, why not get something started before summer's over? My other car club, we've done Dave and Busters in the Rockville (?) area a few times. It's a good place to meet up and hang out, lots of room for parking and pics, and I think it'd be fairly central.

If anyone is interested. Tomorrow morning at MIR, MACA(Mid Atlantic Cobra Association) are going head to head againt EFA(Eastern F-body Association). I'm going to be down there as a spectator.

Sup, fool. I would be down meeting.

asking me...what questions exactly? You can see where I live, you don't have your location or age indicated, not that I asked about your age anyway. :shrug: Just saw "new member" and the join date and welcomed you...SORRY! Still didn't say where you're located...I asked b/c I'd like to know of people who are active on here around Fairfax or Cville.

Back