• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trust this brand?

I'd get on the horn right now with Steve at Tousley Ford -- 800-328-9552 -- and see what he can do for you. I would go with the Ford units -- there is no question that they are of superior quality. From memory, I believe they were $100 a piece for a Contour -- don't know if there's any price difference with the Mystique, but doubt it.

and before anyone says he should fix them himself.....yeah, one of them needs to be brought behind the barn and shot. :) Condensation on the inside is not a good thing.

Condensation?.... I think you could keep a gold fish alive in there. Besides that the adjusters are all rusted too. I cant change the fact that they point at the ground three feet in front of my car. And because of the water the chrome inside is comin off too... DANG IT!!!!

TYC from Rockauto. Do not go Depot.

Damn, beat me to it.

Depot = piss poor fitment, haze up faster
TYC = exact same fitment and quality as Ford

I have only bought Ford in the past, but my next set will be TYC from Rock Auto. $98 each was the last price I heard for the Contours. Mystique should be around the same.

EDIT: Scratch that. I think $98 each was from Tousley Ford. Rock Auto has TYC for $110 and $117. :blackeye:

Last edited:
My TYC's with the Rock discount code was $20 a set cheaper then the Ford set from the online discount guys. If anyone wants the current code LMK.

The TYC Generas are made from the same blueprints as the Ford lights, but they are not Ford lights. If the price is even close (and it will be lower in most cases), go Ford. In addition to getting the best quality, you're also supporting Ford.

The TYC Generas are made from the same blueprints as the Ford lights, but they are not Ford lights. If the price is even close (and it will be lower in most cases), go Ford. In addition to getting the best quality, you're also supporting Ford.

I think Ford was supported when the car was purchased. Needs better quality at time of manufacture.

TYC 118.70 shipped ea.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

OEM from Team Ford is $125+ tax plus shipping.

Last edited:
Tousley Ford will beat $125, even $118, handily. Why buy from a Taiwanese company when you have a choice?

say no to jap crap.

say no to jap crap.

i have one jap hl and one ford hl (that's how it came @ the time of purchase) the jap bounces around so badly. i think a screw broke a while back before purchase and the oe hl has no problems. i will definately buy ford oem when it comes time to replace them.

I recently bought a set of Contour lights from dr.autoparts or something like that on EBAY... $130.00 shipped for the pair and they are TYC replacement lights... Great fitment! No problems!

The mystique lights are twice as much, though...

Back