• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking to see 235/40/17 on a CSVT

svtmeetandxmas072.jpg

235/40/17
FFW077.jpg

sanantonioandmore476.jpg

I beleive i said WHEELS we know how wide the tires are...

Right back at ya :troutslap: :laugh:

Lol. :troutslap:

But by the way, I used to have the same centerline storms, and they are 17X7 with a 42mm offset.

And to the original poster, an 8inch (235mm) tire will fit fine on a 7inch rim. Look at CSVTJOHNGA's pics! :)

My main concerns are:

(1) Will a 235 wide tire fit on a 7" wide rim?

(2) Will it rub anything?

Did you read any of the thread?

Pudmunkie said:
They may work better on an 8" wheel, but they fit a 7" wheel fine. This is what they look like being mounted. Total width once mounted and filled with air was 8.5". Granted that will vary from tire to tire, but the hankook ventus rs2's are 8.5

Beans said:
I like the look of that lot, no rubbing?
Zero .

intrax/koni... sits low....rubbing in the rear....but rolled fenders and its fine. and it had a meaty/aggresive look too:cool:

Has anyone run this size on a 17x7" 45mm offset rim? Particularly while lowered?

I'm wondering if I should do this or 225/45 or 225/40.... really concerned about rubbing (Eibachs and BAT's).

Thanks guys!

If you want the closest diameter to stock, so the speedo is as close to original as possible, 235/40-17 is your size.

BUT, you need to consider a few things. One is that this size is a TINY bit shorter than stock 215/50-16. If you aren't lowering your car, that wheel gap you have will in "reality" increase a hair and visually due to the larger wheels, your eyes will make it seem even bigger. It will potentially look a bit lifted.

I went with 225/45s. 225/45-17 will throw your speedo off 2%. Not much really, but if I'm driving past a cop on the highway I pay attention.
The benefit is that it gives you a bit more sidewall to fill in some of that gap.

http://www.scrantonroad.com/rims/after1.jpg

http://www.scrantonroad.com/rims/after2.jpg

I know this is subjective, but I feel that on a stock SVT suspension the 225/45-17s look best.

You need to do what looks best to you. :)

Last edited:
I know this post is getting old, but has anyone run a 235/45/17? That's a bit taller, the tire model I'm looking at has it as: 25.2 overall diameter and width at 9.3 where as the 235/40/17 is at 24.5 od and 9.5 width. That might not be much of an improvement over the 225/45/17 though in that it's only .2 inches wider and the 225/40 has an od of 24.8 :shrug:

I'm planning on keeping my stock springs for the near future though so I want tires with some meat on em ;)

I know this post is getting old, but has anyone run a 235/45/17? That's a bit taller, the tire model I'm looking at has it as: 25.2 overall diameter and width at 9.3 where as the 235/40/17 is at 24.5 od and 9.5 width. That might not be much of an improvement over the 225/45/17 though in that it's only .2 inches wider and the 225/40 has an od of 24.8 :shrug:

I'm planning on keeping my stock springs for the near future though so I want tires with some meat on em ;)

I just bought 235/45/17s for my car. I'll post some pics.

Back