• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Should I?

Please tell me you are joking that you don't remember? It wasn't one comment. It was a whole thread of comments.

lol, and he's had the car for what, a month and a half? And can't remember that long, drawn out thread? I started to feel bad, and I'm not the one leasing the car! :laugh:

Mark

Leave the car alone its a lease. 1 save your money for the g40... or what ever the car was that you posted. Also this is the 2nd time you asked for our opinion.

Also please do not be a poser. If you own a skyline then it is a skyline. If you own a svt contour then it is an svt. Do you remember here on the forums where we would pick on others for putting svt emblems on regular contours?:help:

Don't be that guy!!!

Leave the car alone its a lease. 1 save your money for the g40... or what ever the car was that you posted. Also this is the 2nd time you asked for our opinion.

Also please do not be a poser. If you own a skyline then it is a skyline. If you own a svt contour then it is an svt. Do you remember here on the forums where we would pick on others for putting svt emblems on regular contours?:help:

Don't be that guy!!!

That isn't entirely correct. This is more of an issue of someone putting mondeo badges on their contour, which has been done without flaming. The skyline in Japan is an entire line. It isn't as though he is putting Skyline GTR on it, which is the car you guys are all thinking of.

Goonz, stop wasting your fuggin money. Good grief. And don't tint the tails it's a fuggin lease.

lol, and he's had the car for what, a month and a half? And can't remember that long, drawn out thread? I started to feel bad, and I'm not the one leasing the car! :laugh:

Mark

Ive had the car for almost 3 months actually.

Its not like these mods have anything to do with my car being leased. Everything that I have done or will do are mods that if at the end of the lease, I consider not buying out my car, I can revert everything on the car back to stock. So that whole thing on modding a leased car has no effect on me. Its not like im turboing it or doing major suspension overhaul on it, just doing minor things here and there to up its appearance.

The badging idea was just an idea. I kind of like it but the same time I dont because as most of you said, its not a skyline in the US. Tinting tails is not using stupid nite shades, its a vinyl piece that if I dont like it on my tails, I can peel it off.

Like someone said before, it's like badging a Cougar with a Ford emblem (IMO). I see nothing wrong with switching the badging over to JDM or tinting the taillights. All of that could be switched back easily, who cares if it's a lease?

Not sure why people get their panties in a wad over something small.

Don't be that guy!!!

That%20Guy%20At%20Velocityvertex.jpg

The one thing you're missing here that no one's brought up yet. It's your (in theory) car. Mod it to your liking.

Personally I think it's a good looking mod. As long as they're the same car in other countries. My friend has the JDM Honda Integra look on his RSX...same concept, looks good.

I vote do it.

lol I don't know why you're asking for opinions. You know you're going to do it anyway, so just get it over with. :p

Maybe you and I should go out and get some MPS badges for the back of our cars. :ponder: That Mazdaspeed crap is so over rated.

Almost $100 bucks to change the lettering on the back of a car to something it's really not. BWAHAHAHAHHA, there's a sucker born all the time I guess. :rolleyes:

IS EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD AN IDIOT!

You find it okay for people to badge their contours as mondeo but you bash him for wanting to do the same thing with his car...:rolleyes:

For the love of god what he is wanting to do is the same thing. What is driving me nuts is the fact that NO ONE SEEMS TO BE UNDERSTANDING THIS! The skyline in Japan and his car are the same!!!!!!

Tourige, the G35 is the US skyline just not the Skyline GTR.

IS EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD AN IDIOT!

You find it okay for people to badge their contours as mondeo but you bash him for wanting to do the same thing with his car...:rolleyes:

For the love of god what he is wanting to do is the same thing. What is driving me nuts is the fact that NO ONE SEEMS TO BE UNDERSTANDING THIS! The skyline in Japan and his car are the same!!!!!!

Tourige, the G35 is the US skyline just not the Skyline GTR.

I think badging anything (contour included) as a model that it isnt is lame. Even if there is an extremely similar platform overseas by the same name.

Back