• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

happy 4th.

skunk

Veteran CEG'er
happy 4th everyone. stay safe and have fun partying!! michelle has to work at the hospital tonight :cry: so no big plans for us, oh well duty calls. we are jumping on the bike and going for nice cruise anyways.then probaly heading over to my buddies up the road for little while tonight.

hopefully the rain doesn't spoil anything tonight.

Busy day. I went up to Manchester NH to see my apartment, down to Millbury, back to Somerville, South Station to pick up friends, Logan Airport to pick up more friends, and finally Cambridge. (Two of my friends are getting married on the 7th so everyone's coming home this week.) The Boston fireworks are absolutely amazing .. this was my first year seeing them. We all watched from the comfort of a conference room in my friend's workplace in Kendall Square, no deafening booms or dealing with the smoke/rain! :)

not too busy here..
loaded up the truck with a bed load of scrap wood i have had lying around for a couple years, get ready to head to Jess' work to toss it in their dumpster and the brake pedal hits the floor!
the big side of the garage is taken up by the hearse which is up on jack stands waiting for brake line replacement, so i squeeze the truck into the small side and replace a brake line on it.
finally we head to jess' work, empty the truck.
met up with andy for lunch.
headed home, found a full sized donut spare on the train tracks..gonna make a great base for my bench grinder stand!
got home, took a short nap.
then we spent the rest of the night playing video games.
withthe occasional pause to watch fireworks.
we had them going off on all sides of the house.
it was as if the neighbors were competing with the cities display.

someone a block away from us was doing the same. I can't believe the amount of fireworks they had! We could barely see them through the trees.

They were shooting them off for over an hour. We went to bed at 10ish, and it seemed like they were done. Then they decided to start up again. :mad:
We turned the a/c fan on to drown it out.

i just hope all my neighbors used everything up.
for the past 2 weeks we have had small fireworks displays anywhere between 10pm and 2am!
nothing worse than being woken up at 1:30 by one of those supah loud boomers!

So I guess the lack of any respect is not just a MI thing. I thought I was going to kill someone last night at 2am.

...We all watched from the comfort of a conference room in my friend's workplace in Kendall Square, no deafening booms or dealing with the smoke/rain! :)

The booms are one of the best parts! I can't imagine fireworks viewed from a stuffy corporate office. I was outside in the light rain in Nahant with several old friends, and it was a blast.

I get so bored with fireworks. In my opinion, you've seen 'em once, you've seen 'em all. The only things I like that go 'boom' certainly aint made to be pretty.

Back