• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

silver turtle wax chipstick

CSVTkid

CEG'er
does anyone know where i can buy the turtle wax chipstick in silver, i can only find it in red or black. a kid keyed my car and now i have deep scratches

The chipstick lasts for about 2 weeks (if that) then you have to re-apply it. IMO, it's not worth the effort. How deep are the scratches?

they are deep i can fit my fingernails in them. I just dont know what to do, im 16 so sont have much money to repair. I wanted to do stuff to my car but now i have a big scratch from a jerk, this sucks.......

Those chipsticks are turds. The one I had was too hard for it to even be worked into the chip/scratch and if you can get it to work, it doesn't last long like mystiquevltwin said. The easiest thing I've found to use is a fine tip paint marker from a hobby shop.

where can i get those things, and with those can u still notice it, how much would it be to bring it to a shop?

Sure, but keep in mind it may count against you similar to an accident where you're 100% at fault since they have no way of recouping the cost. Depending on your track record you may see an increase in your premium.

From memory, I think Turtle Wax discontinued several of the colors for the Chip Stick and accompanying Color Cure wax. Black and red may be the only ones left. I used the green on my first SHO, once upon a time, and it does look a hell of a lot better than a scratch, but its not a panacea. As mentioned above, it does wear out, but its cheap if you can find it, and there's no risk of screwing up, as there could be if you were applying paint and sneezed mid brush stroke. :cool:

You can get a Duplicolour touch up pen from advance for <$10. Has a pen on one side and brush on the other. It has worked well for me, but mainly on little stone chips and such, still worth a shot though.

Sure, but keep in mind it may count against you similar to an accident where you're 100% at fault since they have no way of recouping the cost. Depending on your track record you may see an increase in your premium.

I didn't even have full coverage when my car was keyed, and my insurance company did cover an entire brand new paint job. I didn't have to pay a dime for a deductible or anything like that as well. And it is also illegal for your insurance company to bump your premium just because your car was vandalised. It wasn't your fault, and so they cannot raise your premiums. I was informed that if it happened a few times in the same place, then your insurance company can ask you to not park in that area or else they will raise your premium, or something like that. The line about it "counting against you similar to an accident" is bull crap. At least this is how it works in Michigan. By the way, I have Citizens insurance and they were great with the whole thing. Defenitly check with your insurance company though. All that info I recieved from a combination of the Police and my insurance agent.

I got one of those Duplicolor kits. It comes with body putty to fill in the scratches, which you let dry. Then you prime it. You need to buy some paint in your color and apply that. Then you apply the clearcoat. Works great, includes all directions, sandpapers, pre-wipes, etc. All you need is the kit and some base paint in your color.

I got one of those Duplicolor kits. It comes with body putty to fill in the scratches, which you let dry. Then you prime it. You need to buy some paint in your color and apply that. Then you apply the clearcoat. Works great, includes all directions, sandpapers, pre-wipes, etc. All you need is the kit and some base paint in your color.

hey sounds good, i dont have money to bring it to a body shop, but where can i buy this stuff?

Back