• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0 L Crate engine?

jaxson10

New CEG'er
I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that manufactured the a 3.0 L crate engine.

There are quite a few 3L SVT's driving around the Twin Cities from these guys - my car runs like a dream...

Thats good to here, Am currently awaiting for a engine From www.3lduratec.com, i have no complaints so far on the service, There willing to work with there custumers, am in canada and they are sending one out here for me.

My 2 cents go with these guys!!!

Thats good to here, Am currently awaiting for a engine From www.3lduratec.com, i have no complaints so far on the service, There willing to work with there custumers, am in canada and they are sending one out here for me.

My 2 cents go with these guys!!!

where did you go to school? when i have kids, i'll make sure they dont go there

It's Fez. What do you expect. LOL!

Fez: You don't like me because I'm not from here.
Red: This has nothing to do with you being a foreigner. This is about you taking advantage of my daughter like a sneaky foreigner!

Might as well add that my motor was installed by 3Lduratec as well.

I beat the %*( out of it. and the motor has been flawless.

No denying that - I'm not easy on mine either...

You beat the $hit out of your Truck like i do my car...

So far, ive blown a motor (Stock 2.5 svt) Tranny, 3 springs and the rest of the suspension in the 11 months ive owned it. I am probably getting close to blowing up the "new" tranny.

To put into Perspective the damage i do to my vehicle's (Believe i am not proud... well 1 or 2 i am proud of)

1986 F150 Inline 6 300 CI motor- Blown, Transfer Case Blown, Clutch-Wishing it were dead, but held great, Both Motor mounts and tranny mount.
1989 F150 Inline 6 300 CI motor- all the tranny/motor mounts. Slave cylinder let go in the clutch, sold the truck for 3x what i paid.

1991 Bronco 5L- 2 E40d Tranny's 1 8.8" rear end. Motor was on its way out with over 200k on it. (no oil pressure in 3 of 8 cylinders)

1986 Mustang GT- Bought for 100... Spend another 150 on new clutch. Promptly blew the tranny.e Spent another 150 on a new tranny. Broke 4th Gear (no, not synchro, the GEAR it self snapped) sold for 1800 with broken gear.

1977 Mustang II Original 2.8l v6- Threw a few pushrods, floated some valves. Put in a 302 w a c6 tranny. 302 Ran when pulled, C6 promptly blew up on the new motor 1/4 from the house. Put in a C4... Drove on it for a summer, changed fluid and filter and all the seals let loose (I killed the BMW 545 though) 2nd 302, Pulled with 0 Oil pressure and LOTS of metal in the oil. There was no Oil left i think it was just liquid metal at that point.

1991 Chevy Lumina euro- Took out the motor after only 1 week of driving (This time, not my fault, Crank sensor failed, timing jumped,killed the motor)

1998 CSVT Original motor and tranny, and most of the suspension. When the Motor went, it took the engine bay with it. Started it on fire.

While im not proud of the "Damage" ive done to my vehicles, The only one on this list that is recent, is the Contour a year ago. I bought it with a tick,no seats and no side skirts. Thought i could drive it for a while, and i did... about 3 weeks. Then the 3L went in. The tranny let loose with the 3L in it. I shifted into 2nd at about 15 mph (not a power shift or anything) and there was a clunk, then i was coasting. 3 Holes in the Transfer case where the Diff tore it up. Oh and the shift tower bolt shifting out of first @ 5-10 mph

I dont know if this helps or gives any insight to the type of abuse a 3L can withstand, just know that i have had 0 issues with the motor from 3LDuratec.

Last edited:
You beat the $hit out of your Truck like i do my car...

So far, ive blown a motor (Stock 2.5 svt) Tranny, 3 springs and the rest of the suspension in the 11 months ive owned it. I am probably getting close to blowing up the "new" tranny.

To put into Perspective the damage i do to my vehicle's (Believe i am not proud... well 1 or 2 i am proud of)

1986 F150 Inline 6 300 CI motor- Blown, Transfer Case Blown, Clutch-Wishing it were dead, but held great, Both Motor mounts and tranny mount.
1989 F150 Inline 6 300 CI motor- all the tranny/motor mounts. Slave cylinder let go in the clutch, sold the truck for 3x what i paid.

1991 Bronco 5L- 2 E40d Tranny's 1 8.8" rear end. Motor was on its way out with over 200k on it. (no oil pressure in 3 of 8 cylinders)

1986 Mustang GT- Bought for 100... Spend another 150 on new clutch. Promptly blew the tranny.e Spent another 150 on a new tranny. Broke 4th Gear (no, not synchro, the GEAR it self snapped) sold for 1800 with broken gear.

1977 Mustang II Original 2.8l v6- Threw a few pushrods, floated some valves. Put in a 302 w a c6 tranny. 302 Ran when pulled, C6 promptly blew up on the new motor 1/4 from the house. Put in a C4... Drove on it for a summer, changed fluid and filter and all the seals let loose (I killed the BMW 545 though) 2nd 302, Pulled with 0 Oil pressure and LOTS of metal in the oil. There was no Oil left i think it was just liquid metal at that point.

1991 Chevy Lumina euro- Took out the motor after only 1 week of driving (This time, not my fault, Crank sensor failed, timing jumped,killed the motor)

1998 CSVT Original motor and tranny, and most of the suspension. When the Motor went, it took the engine bay with it. Started it on fire.

While im not proud of the "Damage" ive done to my vehicles, The only one on this list that is recent, is the Contour a year ago. I bought it with a tick,no seats and no side skirts. Thought i could drive it for a while, and i did... about 3 weeks. Then the 3L went in. The tranny let loose with the 3L in it. I shifted into 2nd at about 15 mph (not a power shift or anything) and there was a clunk, then i was coasting. 3 Holes in the Transfer case where the Diff tore it up. Oh and the shift tower bolt shifting out of first @ 5-10 mph

I dont know if this helps or gives any insight to the type of abuse a 3L can withstand, just know that i have had 0 issues with the motor from 3LDuratec.
I thought I was rough on cars!:shocked:

Last edited:
Back