• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

the new $400 ride

rocketmanrw

CEG'er
picked this up about 2 weeks ago for 400.
'99 SF/MB svt #1297
car was very dirty inside and out,so i pulled the interior out steam cleaned and cond. everything.
car is already lowered on ? (im not sure),tinted windows, and a small sound syatem.
the problem: possable blown motor. onwer was driving heard noises and the car died after all the dash lights came on.
perfect for a new 3L never posted a pic so not sure how to do.i tried searching for a how to but i couldnt find anything sorry.
svt-stuff008.jpg
svt-stuff032.jpg
cket.com/albums/aa214/blownrocket/svt-stuff054.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited:
got my first 98 silver svt for 3000 with a trade in on my 98 se.
then the red came 2 months ago for 1500. and now the second silver came 2 weeks ago for 400.
now all i want and might be lookig for is a black svt/mb to join the crew

What a find!! Looks like the inside of my car, all dirty :(

Maybe the problem with the motor is just something "simple", like an alternator? I know when mine died all the dash lights came on. Just a thought. Either way it's a good 3L candidate!!!!

thanks for the heads up on the springs. i took alook today and i couldnt tell i know their black? i can see some the strut lable (GR-2) kyb's i think ?

and no at this point im not selling it, but i might be parting out the t-red but not sure .

Yea none of Reebs ran. LMGDAO! Why is everyone turned into EGL? :D And ppl wonder why they can't get anything for SVT's. Hahaha

EGL, depreciating the value of SVTC's since the early part of the 21st century.

Back