• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

is this list correct for swap.

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
things i will need or are perferred:

Escape 3L, taurus 3L, etc 2001 +
Replace main bearing and or journal bearings?
trim tabs
remove pilot bearing?
replace misc gaskets
spec stage 1 or stage 3 clutch?
Limited Slip Differental
Joey's LIM
lightened flywheel?
Xcal2 with tune.
Custom larger Y-pipe.
2.5inch main cat.
Gutted precats?
Mill illiminators
Biggest injectors possible
Custom tune

anything on the list with a ? means i am unsure of getting. also i need to pass inspection.

last is there anything i fogot??

things i will need or are perferred:

Escape 3L, taurus 3L, etc 2001 +
Replace main bearing and or journal bearings?
trim tabs
remove pilot bearing?
replace misc gaskets
spec stage 1 or stage 3 clutch?
Limited Slip Differental
Joey's LIM
lightened flywheel?
Xcal2 with tune.
Custom larger Y-pipe.
2.5inch main cat.
Gutted precats?
Mill illiminators
Biggest injectors possible
Custom tune

anything on the list with a ? means i am unsure of getting. also i need to pass inspection.

last is there anything i fogot??

Journal bearings you mean like rod bearings? They're recommended but not required if you find a lower mileage 3L. Same with the main bearings.

I'd shoot for an 01-03 Taurus/Escape engine.

You will need to remove the pilot bearing thats not a question :)

Clutch will depend on what you want to do with it in the future and how much you drive your car.

You could go with gutted precats but I'd skip the y-pipe for now and fork over the dough for the Headers. Y-pipe is EASY to swap later where as the headers are a major pita.

And you definitely don't need the biggest injectors possible. They're going to require you to get a tune immediately where with stock injectors you can still handle the 3L with room to spare just worry about the big injectors when you go F/I and get a custom tune for them at that time as it will be more crucial.

:shrug: My precats didn't get looked at (MD)

They don't look to closely in GA either. They just check for the CEL. As long as you don't delete your main cat, you should pass the visual. They don't know how many cats your car should have. You can keep your downstream O2s for looks if you like.

I'll sell you some 22# injectors. That's plenty of flow for a 3L that's not force-fed.

Back