• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cougar maybe RIP

sosaudio1

CEG'er
OK so we had been babying the engine for a while since the ticking noise surfaced. Well, ticking noise was at one end of head and seemed to be in single time, (tick tick tick tick) well over the past couple of days, I had to drive it to work due to the need to replace my alternator on the Cavi :mad: (That is another story). It started making more noise...now double time and moving down the head (front of eng to tranny)....soooo lots of ticking....still thinking we had some time left, we went to a city connected to HSV and noticed ever so often, ticking was getting deeper and I could begin to feel it more....of course...the freaking shop in Decatur that I went to that told me they could do it, tells me, AFTER I TAKE THE DRIVE THERE...that oh yeah, not possible to do, don't have all the parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "But I can order you one that will get here on MONDAY...."<cutting him off> but that will be like 150...."well, yeah..." nope never freaking mind.....

So taking it carefully, I return home and a couple of stops, engine sounding pretty bad, pretty sick, there is a miss that comes and goes and as I pull into the driveway, I think it pretty much started hanging it up :cry:. Listened to engine for about 30 seconds before shut off feeling numb and there it begins...the tell tale oil light. Flickers in response with the clacking that is taking over the engine...

Suffice to say, I think I need another engine :(

Any donors? Just an end to the best two freaking weeks of my freaking life.

Wanna hear about it? Sure....keep reading...share in my pain....

So lets go back to last thursday. Go to plug in my weedeater to start weedeating and I see water coming out of the pipe that is connected to the water heater....T&B valve, blown! Had to call Roto-Rooters 150 bux ripped off me later and that is fixed. Monday, home A/C dies, called the church that we go to, got a window unit and slept in the living room.....sucked....but hey at least the church helped out!!! ....Oh yeah...my wife is still out of a job......Tuesday A/C man comes out and fixes A/C. Done! Then home phone dies...no cell phone, no home phone....but...we get a check from aunt and uncle to pay for things (some things)...Thank God! With that, we bought a pay as you go phone so that we could use it for emergencies....Phone works wednesday evening. Awesome! Thursday Morning, get up to go to work, battery light comes on on the cavi on the way to work...and that is where the Cougar comes in and says its goodbyes....

Don't anyone sneeze my direction, I may catch a cold, get pneumonia, followed by strep and on my way to walking to the hospital, get mugged, where they take my wallet, I fall into a pothole and break my ankle and then when I make it to the hospital, they won't admit me because I don't have an insurance card....

So...anyone have a motor they want to give up.....

PM me or email me at sosaudio1 @ bellsouth dot net

Rich

I have a stock 2.5 with around 100k on it if you're interested. It's been maintained by mechanics (us) for the time we had it, it's in decent shape. Let me know.

That sucks, I have a 2.5 shortblock plus heads also. Mine has 51k miles on it and is in great shape. You can shoot me a PM if your interested. I'll snap some pics if you'd like.

i also have a 2.5 block, with heads and cams, but the cams are worthless probably as the upper and lower intake manifolds and covers have been off the car for about 3 months... pm me if intereasted!

Back