• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new rear drums install...ticking noise?

D

devanmc

i have just personally installed completely new rear drum brakes. i have replaced the drums shoes and springs. now on my right side while i am braking i hear a ticking type noise almost like a spring but at the speed i hear this noise at. the tick is to slow to be from the hub bolts. any ideas?

i figure its just something having to do with the brakes breaking in. so can someone lock and or delete this thread?

hahaha i know. im going to get a nice contour later on. hopefully an svt. this one is sorta a pos right now and inst worth the time

ha i realized that a long time ago. i am currently working on it. I finally got new head lights in, other things are coming. I should be getting a new fender, drivers door and airbags from reebs very soon, maybe a new bumper cover too. Im also going to repaint the steelies so they look nicer. who knows what else. Im trying to make the car look nice again

I had the same problem when I did my rear drums (before the rear disc conversion). Went away after a couple of days.

just re looked at this... even though the thread is long dead now. but ive been having the problem for a few weeks now... the tick is all no pulse or anything

Back