• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What is it? Glove compartment latch...?

281Thunder

Veteran CEG'er
Ok so I've looked around on here and in the manual and can't find anything. Beside the glove compartment latch is this little...thing...for lack of better wording. It flips down and that's about it. Looks like something may plug in there. I can take a pic if no one knows what I'm referring to.

yeah its been covered .... garbage bag hook .... or a hook for anything else you want to hang there ...

the thing

the thing

I recall seeing posts on this in the past.Its a purse hanger or
something stupid like that.I remember saying to myself what a waste....

Haha I always wondered what that was but I never got around/forgot to search for it on here! I was gonna put my button for my NOS there. :cool: *cough*

It works good for grocery bags. Keeps the bags from sliding all over the place. Little things like that are what make me like my Contour every day I drive it.

LOL, exactly what I was thinking.

Haha. Don't forget the little bin on the left hand side of the driver's seat, just aft of the power controls. You could probably stash some contraband in there, too, as its invisible when the driver's door is shut. The problem comes in when they ask you to get out of the car...

Haha. Don't forget the little bin on the left hand side of the driver's seat, just aft of the power controls. You could probably stash some contraband in there, too, as its invisible when the driver's door is shut. The problem comes in when they ask you to get out of the car...

I just used to put mine under the gas door. No one ever looks there. Just be sure to double bag if you plan on doing it. :laugh:

i put the good stuff under the stock drivers side cupholder, lift it up and there is another little thing, lift that up and its in there good.

I have always wondered what that was for. When I first saw it, I was expecting to see a keyhole there when you flipped it down.

No, I mean a keyhole so someone would be able to lock their glove compartment. When I flipped the little piece down their was nothing there.

Back