• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Various pics, HDR, night, etc.

G

green SVT

Yes I know I'm becoming a pic whore but I just found this HDR program so I thought I would give it a try before I buy it. Also just getting some random pics for calender. Ignore stamp on picture, havent bought program yet.

Shot at 2007-08-14

Shot with Canon PowerShot A540 at 2007-08-14

Same pic, not HDR

Shot at 2007-08-15

Last edited:
Yeah the panels do look weird but I think it looks pretty sweet, almost like a metallic color.

So I'm new to this whole HDR thing, but essentially, you take a night-time tripod pic, dump it in Photoshop, hit Cmd+U, and just slide that saturation slider to high hell?

So I'm new to this whole HDR thing, but essentially, you take a night-time tripod pic, dump it in Photoshop, hit Cmd+U, and just slide that saturation slider to high hell?

Well, it's basically shooting several pics at different focus in NEF format and then adjusting curves in photoshop. So yes, essentially it's what you say - but say, for example, you mess with histogram adjustments, it will convert the image to 8 bit, which you do not necessarily want.

I plan on doing some for the calendar, just need some minor fixes to my car done first. :blackeye: :laugh:

yeah those shots dont look HDR to me. what is the process that you are using? maybe i can help with my limited HDR experience. here is soundQsvt's ride i shot using the HDR process...
picture.JPG

Well I'm using that photo matix program. And what I'm doing is taking 3 identical pics using (0) exposure (normal setting), then (-2) which is a bit under exposed, and then (+2) which is over exposed. Then I use the program, it combines the pic and thats about it. I followed the tutorial buts it was pretty confusing.

Yeah I agree, but I could be doing it wrong. Who knows :shrug:

after photomatix combines the photos then do the tone mapping. i am not sure you can use this feature without owning the program.

here is nvmysvt's silver frost car HDR'd...
picture.JPG

Last edited:
Hey man, if you wanna send me the originals I run them through Photomatix or CS2 for ya...your choice.....

steve at chicagoceg.com

or AIM me at Bk4293

Hey Steve just sent them your way, see what you can do! Thanks man

Back