• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Resonator/mid muffler replacement.

SVT24V

New CEG'er
Hello All. I didn't find an answer under the search section for this but I remember seeing something about this a month or so ago. I need to replace my resonator/midmuffler and was wondering if there is really a difference between the SVT resonator and the resonator on a regular v6 'Tour.
Walker has one but in the description it looks like it is saying it excludes the SVT. I can find regluar V6 resonators all day long. Is there really a difference?

currently running stock exhaust.

Thanks Guys.

Hello All. I didn't find an answer under the search section for this but I remember seeing something about this a month or so ago. I need to replace my resonator/midmuffler and was wondering if there is really a difference between the SVT resonator and the resonator on a regular v6 'Tour.
Walker has one but in the description it looks like it is saying it excludes the SVT. I can find regluar V6 resonators all day long. Is there really a difference?

currently running stock exhaust.

Thanks Guys.

below is a link to the one I am thinking about getting.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/EW3/Prod...d=1187871935407&cycleCount=1313&currentPage=1

they are all the same and they are all very restrictive. most go with a magnaflow, but i don't recall what number. Some have used glasspacks also.

When you say restrictive do you mean sound or power?

Truth be told I chopped out the resonator 5 years agao and put in a straight pipe. The car has always droned. now I hate it so I wanna go back to or as close to possible to the stock sound.

I have the resonator removed on my car and it sounds great, everybody always compliments on it. There is another guy in town with straight pipes, everybody hates that douchebag, his car sounds like garbage.

Back