• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally done my hatch install!

So after years and years of building up my hatch install in my first Focus, then into my second Focus, I have finally gotten everything together again. Hopefully this time for more than a couple days. Last time I got it done it was promtly stolen. I recovered most of it save for some of the wiring which I had to replace. Originally the sub enclosure was not carpeted either but painted liquid grey to match the car. I do not have the patience to sand down this enclosure again for paint so it's staying carpet. Either way I'm happy with the results.

gfhb.jpg

Stereo008.jpg

Stereo006.jpg

Stereo005.jpg

Stereo004.jpg

Stereo003.jpg

Stereo002.jpg

And here is the rest of the car. I've repainted my wheels in glossy white, which has made them pop big time. The tail lights have been taken apart and rebuilt with sealed LED units made for trailers, garbage trucks and city busses. They are now much brighter and I think they look better than they used to.

I'm debating on using center caps or perhaps leaving them off and making some covers for the center hole instead. Either way looks good.

006-3.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

011-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

Centercaps004.jpg

Centercaps002.jpg

Centercaps003.jpg

Questions/comments welcomed!

I think I just peed a little.

Wow dude, seriously that thing is gorgeous, the white shoes REALLY add to the affect of the car. But if I have one thing I would change, the headlights, I like them, but like SVT projectors would look PIMP in there. Keep up all of the excellent work. You have my dream focus right there.

Thats a hott system, the layout is amazing dude. And you cant beat a hott color like that expecially with the euro kit on it. Pure secks dude.

1. I like it better with carpet than paint, Never been a fan of painted enclosures.
2. Actually like the white wheels, but deff need a center cap
3. taillights are pimp :)

Good looking focus man.

To anyone suggesting headlights, it's in the works. I'm trying to get my hands on some Hella tripple light projectors to finish off the Hella lighting. I know the pod style tails and headlights aren't for everyone, but this isn't eveyone's car ;)

Next year my projects steer towards a shaved hatch (no wiper and the plate recess filled and smoothed) and having the fenders reshaped so I can run a 255 wide tire. We'll see how things go.

My curse with all things Focus continues.

On Saturday I was involved in a hit and run. I go to the bank to take out $20 for lunch money for the week, and while I'm in there, this dumb ***** who I had just spent 10 minutes helping to find a street address gets in her car, backs out of her spot, then drives right into the ass end of my car.

****ing idiot! Then even better, she just keeps driving, leaving me with a completely flattened euro rear bumper hanging from my car. It was the only object in the entire parking lot and somehow she still manages to smash into my car and tweak it.

Why is it people are such complete pieces of **** these days that they won't stop and take responsibility for thier own utter idiocy? I imagine she thought to herself "Oh well, it's just an extremely mirror like clean car that cleary means alot to the owner. I'm sure he won't notice I just smashed the ****ing **** out of it, la de da, oops was that a red light doo dee doo"

And why is it I've only put 3000kms on this car all year, and twice now people have caused damage to it and not taken responsibility. Last time I was given the option to smoke a curb and sacrifice my wheels, or receive the full brunt of a vehicle deciding it wanted to be in my lane even though I was right there. That asshat sped away like a bat out of hell while I ground to a halt against the curb. Luckily fixing and repainting the wheels was fairly inexpensive, but it was still money I could have used for other things. I put 30000kms on the $50 Micra every year, and nobody hit that pile of ****, even though I wanted them to. This is going to cost me a bunch if the bank doesn't get her on camera. I hate being surrounded by asshat ****ing idiot stick retards.

Sorry, just had to vent...

quick hint, always keep a camera in your vehicle or camera phone. A $5.00 throw away in the glove box. I tell my wife and my parents take pictures first then talk, cuz ppl will bolt on you in a heart beat.

Back