• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The wife's new transportation

91HellCat

CEG'er
It's a 2005 Ford Ecape Hybrid 4x4. I drove it mixed city and highway and was getting 27mpg easily. After I get some more windshield time, I'm sure it will get even better. But since the wife drives it, I don't get much windshield time.

6891hsj.jpg

Last edited:
We got it Saturday. We spent 4 hours negotiating and finally got everything we wanted. I like the Escape a lot more than I thought I would.

Since she sits in traffic alot everyday and we needed something with more room, this is the result. She loves it, so that's all that matters!

Can she use the diamond lanes in ATL with the hybrid and no passengers? If you buy a used hybrid, can you still take the GA tax deduction that is offered for hybrid cars. Just curious, Looks like a nice ride.

Can she use the diamond lanes in ATL with the hybrid and no passengers? If you buy a used hybrid, can you still take the GA tax deduction that is offered for hybrid cars. Just curious, Looks like a nice ride.

I'm pretty sure she can make use of the HOV lanes riding by herself, but we are checking into it first. I was wondering too about any tax deductions we could get since it is used. We looked into getting a new one, but it was a little over $10000 more, so we said forget it. This one is certified by Ford, so it's as good as new. It rides like a Lincoln and is so quiet. The hybrid battery is covered to 100k miles thank goodness. Ford has a zero percent battery failure so far since the Escape Hybrid came out. That's good considering the battery is $7200! The Toyota Prius has a very similar battery that has been used since 2000 and to date they have multiple cars near 200k miles with only 1 car having a battery failure (which was due to corrosion, cleaned, and reinstalled). We will see what happens....

Back