• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

nice suprise

elraido

I kant speel
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nzKgo2...asp?I=1085723CF&search=infinity+kappa+572.3cf

I knew the previous owner had aftermarket infinities in the door, but I didn't expect them to be these. Anyone else have these or something similar? Also I am only using the head unit to power them. :nonono: I do have an extra alpine amp laying around that I might throw in to power them. I just don't want to have to go threw the hassle of installing it LOL. Should I install the amp or leave it?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nzKgo2...asp?I=1085723CF&search=infinity+kappa+572.3cf

I knew the previous owner had aftermarket infinities in the door, but I didn't expect them to be these. Anyone else have these or something similar? Also I am only using the head unit to power them. :nonono: I do have an extra alpine amp laying around that I might throw in to power them. I just don't want to have to go threw the hassle of installing it LOL. Should I install the amp or leave it?

Kind of leaving it vague there. depends on the amp. If its a MRD-M1001 I'd probably lean towards hell no. ;)

It is a small 4 chan. alpine amp. like 200 watts or so.

I agree, they handle 2-100watt RMS and 300watt peak, so a small like 70x4 or 100x4 should be fine if you want to amplify them, your aftermarket head unit will probably be pushing about 25watts RMS with a approx 50Wattx4 max output...

If it were me, I'd amp them just for the THD factor. Nice and clean. My wife is still using an old Alpine 4 channel, 3527 IIRC. About 14 years old, still sounds great. I'd think those Kappas would sound great with even 25w rms.

Last edited:
i have similar one sin the rear doors of my SeVT. I have them amped with a 60 rms x 4 channel amp as the speakers are 60 rms. I use the other two channels for the front doors, but those 5.25" components are 75 watts rms so thats still slightly under powered.

They work very well with the amp and they are more then loud enough for me.

Simalar experience here, Bought my car was told it has a upgrade stereo and he went on to tell me about the HU. I was like okay cool, then i had the back door apart and found a JL, I was like oooH yeah, figuring that was it. then a couple months later pulled off the front panels and I got them too. I was excited.

Well, I went and installed the amp on saturday. Needless to say the extra power does make a nice difference. Crisper and cleaner. I just hate having two amps and a harddrive on the stock alt and battary. But I never had an issue on the 95 when I had the same set up.

Nice unit, but I'd rather have a setup from mp3car.com with the in dash nav and keyboard etc etc.... that way I could set it up with a wireless connection and sync my music on my computer with the HD in my car.... but that's just me....

Nice unit, but I'd rather have a setup from mp3car.com with the in dash nav and keyboard etc etc.... that way I could set it up with a wireless connection and sync my music on my computer with the HD in my car.... but that's just me....

I got that thing 4 years ago.....back in the stone age. LOL

I just hate having two amps and a harddrive on the stock alt and battary. But I never had an issue on the 95 when I had the same set up.

FWIW, I'm running an Orion 4004 4x50wrms, for fronts, and an old MTX Thunder 280 for my sub. I do get a weeeee bit of dimming, but only when music is loud and car is idling. Probably should be ok.

Back