• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help and Advice

cnewton44

Hard-core CEG'er
Well im thinking that I probably need new struts and or springs in my car.
Alot of times when I hit bumps the right rear suspension makes an irritating knocking clunking noise. It has done this since not that long after I bought the car last year. Thoughts?

Also I would like to upgrade the suspension if im gonna have to replace any of it. I am thinking about Koni's and then I would like to get some drop springs. I am still deciding on how far I wanna drop it.
Any ideas on what I would be paying for these parts, and possible installation?

Any help is greatly appreciated.:cool:

I just did my suspension. Koni's and b&g springs were $850 shipped from shox.com. Camber kits from bat were $160 shipped, and new control arms cause my bushings were shot for $143 shipped. Alignments are around $70. A friend of mine did the install. But i would assume atleast $250 for the install.

BAT SPRINGS AND STRUTS

BAT SPRINGS AND STRUTS

I bought the BAT Spring and Strut Sport Kit ($595.00) plus shipping. I aslo bought through BAT rotors and brake pads. Total with sipping was about $900 - 950. I had them installed at a local mechanic. Installation of all the parts, wheel alignment and oil change was $600.00. ide is very firm, car tracks beautifuly but I now have this anoying "Sueaking" comming from the car. Any ideas?

Johnny T.

I bought the BAT Spring and Strut Sport Kit ($595.00) plus shipping. I aslo bought through BAT rotors and brake pads. Total with sipping was about $900 - 950. I had them installed at a local mechanic. Installation of all the parts, wheel alignment and oil change was $600.00. ide is very firm, car tracks beautifuly but I now have this anoying "Sueaking" comming from the car. Any ideas?

Johnny T.

Make sure all your bushings are greased. There is more info in the FAQ at the top.

-Andy

i used new SVT struts, and Eibach springs. 444$ total including front sway bar bushings, rear sway bar bushings, and rear end link bushings. check your mounts on your sway bar, they could be broken or the bushings could be gone. in my case, the clunking came from one broken spring and both rear sway bar end links were gone.

i wouldnt suggest running the suspension i have in a daily driver however, as the SVT struts may not handle the drop well and could go bad fast. only time will tell for me.

get a price quote from steve at tously ford on stock SVT springs and struts., i have a feeling that is going to be the best performace/dollar. Speaking of that, I still need to call him for springs.....I need to install my slighly used svt struts to replace the ones that are there...yucky ride.

Back