• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello! New member!

darthbreezy

New CEG'er
:eek: Hi everyone!

I'm Paulie from Lynnwood Washington, and am soon to be the proud owner of a 97 Contour (I pick her up on Tuesday or Wensday from my dad). I'll post her 'stats' when I actually meet her!

The first thing I do when I get a 'new' car is look for the community online as I've always found that fellow owners are the BEST sources of information - and the most honest. Before owning this car, I had (until last week) an 88 Sprint (a three banger that though she was a V8) who after 5 years and over 50K finally decided that it was time to move on (the guy who bought her is going to drop a new motor into her) and before that, I had a 69.5 Maverick who I was resto Moding - as I mentioned, the on line communities are the best sources of info - I can't count the amount of money I saved and knowlege I gained when working on "Alice" - VERY few 'mechs' treid to sell ME muffler bearings or blinker fluid because I always asked my freinds FIRST).

I'll probably 'lurk' untill I actually get my car home, but I hope you guys will help me keep my new baby happy for many years to come!

Paulie

:eek: Hi everyone!

I'm Paulie from Lynnwood Washington, and am soon to be the proud owner of a 97 Contour (I pick her up on Tuesday or Wensday from my dad). I'll post her 'stats' when I actually meet her!
Welcome :) .

She (the Sprint) was a real workhorse, and with two out of three 'cataclisic' breakdowns, she got me home safe. Last weekend she stalled out 40 miles from home (and me with no damn AAA), started up after an hour (rough as hell but running) and got me home and died as I pulled into my space and wouldn't start again. The time before that dumbass here didn't heed the warnings and had to replace the distributer 20 miles from home, but the BEST 'breakdown' she had was about 3 years ago -

I'm driving home, night before thanksgiving, and I notice *THAT* smell - the one that's particular to a tranny going bad. Knowing that breaking down at 11PM the night before thanksgiving, 20 miles from home on a dark freeway would result in disaster, I floored it...

Got done doing 90 MPH in a 55... got the ticket* and limped home - a mile from home she started to crawl and again, pulling into the space she stalled out and died (and got towed to the shop the friday after.)

*I asked to 'explain the circumstance' before a Judge, and when he stopped laughing at my '3 cylinder 302' I got the 'Pay 100$, keep your nose clean for a year and it falls off your record'... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

......... got the ticket* and limped home - a mile from home she started to crawl and again, pulling into the space she stalled out and died (and got towed to the shop the friday after.)

*I asked to 'explain the circumstance' before a Judge, and when he stopped laughing at my '3 cylinder 302' I got the 'Pay 100$, keep your nose clean for a year and it falls off your record'... :laugh::laugh::laugh:​

"...and let that be a lesson to you boys and girls; no speeding allowed on 3-cylinder-302s. If you do, I will laugh my A-- off at you...." said the Judge. :laugh:

Back