• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rear wheel lock

BAD SVT

Addicted CEG'er
quick question guyz... i was replacing my bent trailing arm for the passenger rear. placing the car on jacks, i noticed the wheel wasn't rolling. the other one spins fine. Wot could be the issue? hand brake :shrug:

I had this problem with my 98 se. I actually started hearing a humming noise from the rear wheel. I pulled over and the whole wheel was extremly HOT!!! I put it up on jacks noticed the the wheeel was not moving freely. My parking brake was down however, The p- brake return sping for the lever on the wheel was missing. I manually had to pry it back with the end of the lug wrench. Thee wheel moved freely.

I had this problem with my 98 se. I actually started hearing a humming noise from the rear wheel. I pulled over and the whole wheel was extremly HOT!!! I put it up on jacks noticed the the wheeel was not moving freely. My parking brake was down however, The p- brake return sping for the lever on the wheel was missing. I manually had to pry it back with the end of the lug wrench. Thee wheel moved freely.

my wheel doesnt get hot but i'll check that too thanx. the calipers are fine. they grab n release fine.

Back