• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What color of 'Red' is this?

96Mystique

CEG'er
What color is this? There are too many 'Red' colors that were used, so it's hard to figure out. :shrug: THIS IS NOT MY CAR! It probably looks better than my car. My car looks exactly like that, and once I get a chance to give it a decent wash, I'll get some pictures.

URL]

Thanks! I thought it was that color, but most pictures couldn't actually justify the color, but your's does, as does the picture from Wiki.

My mother actually had a '96 Mystique (Exactly like mine), that was Midnight Red. She bought it from my Grand mother, and then traded it for a '91 Jeep Cherokee rock crawler.

Electric Red was also offered on pre98s. Very similar to T-red, although brighter, and doesn't have that orange glow in the right light. But I do think that was Toreador. I think Electric Red may be 95's only too (the only year T-red was not offered).

Example of Electric Red. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/270697

Last edited:
Electric Red was also offered on pre98s. Very similar to T-red, although brighter, and doesn't have that orange glow in the right light. But I do think that was Toreador. I think Electric Red may be 95's only too (the only year T-red was not offered).

Example of Electric Red. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/270697

Correct, Electric Red was offered in 95 only. After that was Toreador Red.

Also, electric red looks pinkish/purple in certain light. :blackeye:

how do you guys feel about all the colors edmunds.com lists for a 1995 contour?

Black Bright Calypso Green Metallic Bright Lapis Pearl Metallic Brite Sapphire Pearl Metallic Bronze Nightmist Pearl Metallic Chrome Yellow Dark Portofino Pearl Metallic Dark Tourmaline Pearl Metallic Deep Iris Pearl Metallic Deep Jewel Green Pearl Metallic Desert Coral Metallic Electric Currant Red Pearl Metallic Indigo Blue Metallic Laser Red Metallic Tint Light Evergreen Frost Pearl Metallic Light Medium Aubergine Pearl Metallic Light Medium Iris Metallic Light Santa Fe Pearl Metallic Light Willow Metallic Medium Berry Pearl Metallic Medium Calypso Green Metallic Medium Graphite Metallic Medium Opal Metallic Medium Royale Blue Pearl Metallic Medium Willow Pearl Metallic Midnight Red Pearl Metallic Midnight Teal Pearl Metallic Oxford White Performance White Portofino Blue Metallic Pumice Pearl Metallic Red Nightmist Pearl Metallic Royal Blue Pearl Metallic Silver Frost Pearl Metallic Sunrise Red Pearl Metallic Teal Metallic Ultra Red Ultra Violet Pearl Metallic Ultra White Vermillion Red

ugh copying and pasted did not work well there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think that may have been a general listing of ford colors for that year, not necessarily all contour colors.

hmm actually edmunds lists diff colors for different cars. So that list may be legit. But some are obviously much more popular than others.

Last edited:
Back