• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Chronicaling the rebuild of an E0

Does nothing get past you Elky?

They are so far the first lights I've seen that sit shallow enough to not have clearance issues. I need to figure out a way to get it mounted right. One side screws in and the other clips on the headliner. And a spray paint that will match the color to the rest of the gray.

Or maybe make a new holder/surround for it and just have it recessed into the headliner.

And I need to order some LED bulbs too for them.

That's an OBX off ebay, I had the identical shifter a few years back. Good news is they have a much lower rate of failure than the B&M shifters did.

Thanks for the info. The bottom is welded much better than even the Steeda/FRP and the B&M that I have in the wrecked car. About 2 years ago I broke it and got it welded up nicely on both sides of the ball. Much like this one is.

The Steeda Tri-Ax is welded on one side with two spots on the other. So I went to a machine shop the other day and they wanted to charge mea minimum $40 to fill it in. and if it took them longer than 30 minutes start to finish, $80:shocked: :shocked: Umm... :nonono:

Pics:

on the left is the Steeda/Ford Racing Tri-ax

Much better welds on the OBX or B&M or whatever it really is.

DSCF1466.jpg

DSCF1468.jpg

Back