• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Deer - 1; SVT - 0

MNstuckinMI

Veteran CEG'er
ok, so tonight i was driving home from work, through town, in the middle of traffic, and a great big buck came out of no where from the right and slammed into my car!!! here are some pics. i'll get better ones tommorrow.

before:
DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

and the damage :(

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

the damage is the fender and the passenger side rear door, along with the windsheild. i'd assume the windsheild cracked when the big rack slammed into it.

this sucks... its the LAST thing i needed right now.

that sucks at least you didnt get hurt. damage isnt to bad
you should have went back for your jackpoint cover

I'll buy your rims, so you can have the money to fix it. :p Sorry to hear about the accident, you should have seen my truck after a buck hit it. Doesn't look like too much damage though? Did the hood get any, or did it just crease the fender?

So that fender damage didn't hurt the hood at all? It looks like it might have bent the hood hinge over a littel bit.

the jack point cover dissapeared about a week ago. yeah, im glad i was alright, but what sucks, is this is the second deer ive hit with this car now in 3 years. and being in the middle of the city just makes me so much more angry! i would understand a bit more if i had been out in the country or something, but this was during rush hour and we were going 30. i was basically stopped when it hit.

the jack point cover dissapeared about a week ago. yeah, im glad i was alright, but what sucks, is this is the second deer ive hit with this car now in 3 years. and being in the middle of the city just makes me so much more angry! i would understand a bit more if i had been out in the country or something, but this was during rush hour and we were going 30. i was basically stopped when it hit.

Ah I thought it had been in an encounter with a deer before... Crazy deer in rut, I tried to do my part hunting last weekend, where was this big buck then?

:( Sorry to see the damage, makes ya sad. But, at least you weren't hurt!

Time for a new jack cover too. ;)

I'm sure she'll be back to being beautiful in no time.

Unfortunate :( Didn't you get hit by something on the other side once too?

Maybe the Fiero can stay out another week or two?

the car is still plenty driveable, and with the threat of snow up here, and the hills, i dont want to chance the fiero in the snow.

but yeah, the other side was hit a few years ago. ive had really bad luck with deer recently (rememebr, i hit one in my fiero also. thank God it didnt do any damage)

Are you "sure" ;) you didn't lose the jack point cover during the crash?

the buck dissapeared. if it had been on the side of the road, people would have seen my beating the crap out of it wearing a dress shirt and tie :D

Tony, this happened just past the car wash going toward the mall.

Dude, I was just watching your fiero video at lunch today. In the back of mind I was thinking, "Sure is beautiful country, but it sure would suck to have a deer pop up while carving those curves." Shortly thereafter, lo and behold, this post.

Two deers in three yrs w/the same car? Yesh, that's not good. :blackeye:

Anyways, good luck w/the tour.

you know, the other time i hit it with this car was in MI going up 127 to Midland (i lived out there for a little bit). that was right after purchasing the car. it hit on the other side.

since 2004 ive managed to hit 4, yes, 4 deer! i hit 2 this season! one was with the fiero even (thankkfully it didnt do any damage). and i really pay close attention to them when driving.

this time i hit it inthe middle of town, with traffic all around. what are the odds?

Dude, I was just watching your fiero video at lunch today. In the back of mind I was thinking, "Sure is beautiful country, but it sure would suck to have a deer pop up while carving those curves." Shortly thereafter, lo and behold, this post.

Two deers in three yrs w/the same car? Yesh, that's not good. :blackeye:

Anyways, good luck w/the tour.

thanks for watching :)

whatever you do, do not pull any deer hair off or any eveidence of the Big Rack Assassin. After you talk to the ins co and they look at it, then worry about cleaning anything. I've seen people not have their claims approved because of a lack of evidence.

Sucks about the car but that is repairable.

Back