• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thrown out most Contour?

richs

New CEG'er
Maybe this came up before, but how many Countous have you destroyed, wrecked or otherwise gotten rid of Contour? I am up to 4 and maybe 6 but definately 5. If the planned engine swap is a failure it will be 6.

1995 GL V6 MTX died of old age
1996 4 ATX bad head gasket replacement, plugged an oil port
1998 V6 ATX daughter wrecked

I hope the next 2 will make one good car

1998 V6 ATX bad trans
1998 V6 MTX daughter ran it out of oil - plan to put good motor from above car in it

The SVT is still running strong with 140K miles

I think that will be the last of the Contours.

Replaced one with Escaort ZX2 for my daughter.

Rich S

haven't wrecked, damage, or gotten rid of any of the three contiques that I have, parents still have both of theirs also ...

sold my '98 4 ATX contour se and bought my '99 SE Sport v6 MTX which as of today has a 3L hybrid in it! crashed this car a few times but the frame is in perfect shape i got very lucky and didnt do any major unfixable damage.

Bought a '96 SE 2.5 MTX Sport fully loaded with leather sunroof, put on SVT exhaust, etc...

A year later I bought a '98.5 T Red SVT with a blown clutch.

A few months later I sold the 96.

I then bought a 98.5 Black SVT and parted it out.

Then I bought a 99 T Red SE 3L with HMS trans and parted it out.

Then I bought a 98 SE 2.5L MTX Sport.

Then I sold my 98.5 T Red 3L Turbo SVT

Then I bought a 98.5 Black SVT to part out.

I am now going to be selling my SE soon because I have more secret projects and no longer need the SE. :)

I need to go back through my records because I know I am missing a few contours from my past.

Sold my 98 in Nov 2005 with 77777 miles for much less than it was worth. Wanted desperately to keep it but I had no place to store a car.

Funnily enough, the SVT never really replaced my sentiments for that car as I hoped it would. They truly are different beasts - especially the exhaust note and the SVT sits much lower. (Not complaining though, I love the SVT too!)

First Contour rear-ended & totalled when I stopped for an emergency vehicle. I miss that car. It was a factory freak I think. Better power, great fuel economy, and T-Red. Added leather and some other aesthetic mods, new lights, Koni kit, ST200s. Beautiful.

Now I have a Mystique to replace it that just doesn't seem to have the power & economy qualities my old Contour did. I like the interior better, more comfy, but I wish it was T-red instead of Cabernet.

I also now own a Contour 4 banger - Steel Blue and also a beautiful car. Added leather to that one too. :cool: Just wish it was a v-6.

Recently picked up a Cougar v-6 to complete the stable so I now have one of each version of this platform. The Cougar was mechanically & aesthetically rough when I first got it for a bargain price, but it's working out very well now. Turning out to be quite a nice car actually, but still needs paint - like my Mystique does after the hurricane. :mad:

Sold my 99 Merc Mystique 4 cyl auto, as the CEL would never go away no matter what Idid. ECU died, no one could find out what was wrong, ended up costing me 2k in repairs that fixed nothing, along with 10 months wasted from it sitting at one garage or another.

Brought it home put in a new ECU from Ebay, and ran just fine, still had a CEl though. Sold it RIGHT after I fixed it. Had a straight body really low miles (55,000), but was just a pos.

Still currently on my SVT 00 and just hit 70k. Highest milage I've ever goten out of a car.

For me I will be soon doing my first. I have a 98 LX but the tranny decided it had enough and while it still drives, its basically gone. So I am selling it for parts , donating it, or who knows. Replaced it with a 2000 SE with the V6. Now as soon as I get a job again , damn ford dealership, I get to start trying to do something to this one. Only thing I think I am taking from the old one is going to be audio stuff.It was a great car :((

and if anyone here wants it let me know since I need more posts before they let me post on the classifieds even though I have been on this site for years lol.

parted out a 95 SE ATX that had lots of problems, mostly due to last owners poor upkeep.

fixing up a 98 SE ATX with a blown tranny...

5 total -
Bought my '99 Mystique V6 5-speed new and sold it this past spring with 201,000 on it.
Picked up two '98 SVT's last spring - junked one and sold the other.

Just sold the '00 SVT.
My current daily driver is yet another 98 SVT.

Bought a '96 SE 2.5 MTX Sport fully loaded with leather sunroof, put on SVT exhaust, etc...

A year later I bought a '98.5 T Red SVT with a blown clutch.

A few months later I sold the 96.

I then bought a 98.5 Black SVT and parted it out.

Then I bought a 99 T Red SE 3L with HMS trans and parted it out.

Then I bought a 98 SE 2.5L MTX Sport.

Then I sold my 98.5 T Red 3L Turbo SVT

Then I bought a 98.5 Black SVT to part out.

I am now going to be selling my SE soon because I have more secret projects and no longer need the SE. :)

I need to go back through my records because I know I am missing a few contours from my past.

Updating...

Sold the 98 SE thanksgiving day.

Bought a 98 SVT thanksgiving day.

Going through contours like crazy now!

Back