• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

where to drill firewall for bulkhead connector?

flyguyeddy

CEG'er
i want to put in a bulkhead connector for my battery relocation and i am unsure as to where to drill a hole for it. it has to be something like 1 1/4 inch or so summit racings website says.

has anyone done this instead of using the grommet that goes through the cowling?

i want to put in a bulkhead connector for my battery relocation and i am unsure as to where to drill a hole for it. it has to be something like 1 1/4 inch or so summit racings website says.

has anyone done this instead of using the grommet that goes through the cowling?

I ran 4AWG power and ground for my amp install from the front to the back thru the cowl, I didn't even have to drill, there was a piece of padding under the cowl that I just basically pushed the wires through and they came through fine... I put strip caulk on them afterwards to try and keep it sealed as much as possible...

drilling is a pain... well at least i thought so.

i drilled for my 2 gauge and there was not much room at all, but then again i didnt have too much experience at that time. now it would be fine but i guess it all depends on how comfortable you are w/ drilling

Back