• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The weather outside...

My brother's furnace broke on Saturday night, they were wroking on it till Sunday night and got it fixed then. Of all the times for it to break... Stupid furnace...

My SVT isn't liking this weather either, my sideskirts are covered in hardened slush, we got hit pretty hard with snow over the last few days... If it gets above freezing today i'm getting out the hose and washing the car...

I'm glad his furnace got fixed!

I hate when my car has that hardened slush on it. I have a bad habit of braking that stuff off the car. You know, you walk by and give it a little kick so it falls off. :D What can I say, I like to play. :shrug:

Did you get it washed?

How's the headache today, Christine? I can't believe the repair guy can't find another ignitor somewhere else. :shrug: Hope it gets there quick for ya.

It's not gone but thankfully it's not a migraine yet. *fingers crossed* that it stays that way.
Personally, I don't think the repair guy cared. All he said was, "it will be a few days". I'll give them a ring in the morning and check the status.
The new space heater is great! It's actually bearable today, a bit chilly but not bad.

You got laid off Chris? How long is the lay off supposed to be? Hopefully not long!!

I hate when my car has that hardened slush on it. I have a bad habit of braking that stuff off the car. You know, you walk by and give it a little kick so it falls off. :D What can I say, I like to play. :shrug:

Did you get it washed?

No, I didn't... Would've but the highest it got was about 28 degrees... Would've been a little chilly. Plus, my parents would've flipped when the driveway turned to a sheet of ice after me washing the car... :D

Yea, I do that too, I hate to see all that crap on the car...

i get laid off every winter,seasonal job..but i get unemployment..and can work a few days under the table if i want...no biggie 8/

That's one of my biggest fears during a major blizzard is the heat going out. You'd be so screwed, because it could be days till it could be fixed. Espeically if the electricty goes out, there's nothing to use as backup. I don't know how long I could last if it was below 0 w/o heat... pipes would freeze and burst, any food that wasn't dried would freeze solid, etc...

You wouldn't last long...you'd die within hours...

My house is usually in the low 50's in the summer. My parents barely ever put the heat on...They're trying to save money...

Yikes! That's cold, mid 50's.

I have heat!!

I called UGI this morning to inquire about the part and they told me it would be in today. The lady then asked me if I had heat, no I say, just two space heaters. She's says, in that case we'll be out today.
Repairman just left 20 minutes ago.

Thankfully I have a service contract and this was a freebie. :cool:

Yikes! That's cold, mid 50's.

I have heat!!

I called UGI this morning to inquire about the part and they told me it would be in today. The lady then asked me if I had heat, no I say, just two space heaters. She's says, in that case we'll be out today.
Repairman just left 20 minutes ago.

Thankfully I have a service contract and this was a freebie. :cool:

Good to hear! It's gotta be a change not having to bundle up as much...

I got the car washed today! Well, hosed all the crap off of it anyways...

Thanks guys. Paul, I hope those non-perishables were going to be of the liquid kind? LOL!

Back