• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

EGL ski/snowboarding meet?

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
seeing as this is my 1st winter in the EGL, i was wondering if/when ceg meets up to go skiing. im in withdrawl over here. dying to hit up the slopes

Ill be at alpine this sunday with some friends. Ill be in the escape with contour.org on the back window, and on the nose of my board

My skis wont be ready until Tuesday. :(

Looks like a ton of snow coming tonight.

Anyone going up north over the Holidays? I'll be at Crystal on 27/28/29.

How about a regular gig? weeekends or evenings during the week?

Ill be back in the country on the first, at which point weekends and late evenings are free.

Im pumped about going tomorrow, couple inches today, 3 to 4 tonight and 5-8 sunday.

One of you white boys needs to teach me :crazy: . I've been itching to try it again. My first attempt was fun as hell, but I fell way too much. (I've only gone skiing once.)

Lol, Pete how long you going to be in A2 for? Can I bum a ride?!?! I'm working till 11pm tonight, and I'm not sure if the Contour is going to be able to take the 8" they predict tonight. This should be fun! :laugh:

Going to mt holly tomorrow morning. leaving my house like 8 am. if you wanna go pete you can crash here.

Sanskrit... If you seriously get caught PM me The escape knows no bounds :laugh:. You're also welcome to come tomorrow

I don't think I have ever seen 22" overnight, or even in 48 hours! That would be insane. :shocked: People can't drive with 2 1/2 inches, that would be a stuck where your at storm for sure!

Heh, thanks Pud.

It wasn't that bad at 11pm, I think AA had maybe 3 to 4" at the time, however it was coming down hard. The 98 did well for 2 crap kelly tires, a summer tire, and a snow tire! :laugh: Gotta love it when your pos w/122k miles passes newer cars stranded on the side. :cool: Overall took me just shy of 2 hours to get home to F. hills.

I would love to go today w/all this snow, but I think I may have to go back into work later today, not sure. :nonono:

Hey now, that is no pos... it won a trophy! If anyones car is a POS it must be that jared guy, or maybe he just lost out because he is missing 2 cylinders. :D

Nah, I've got two tours myself now! The Green one is my dd and that has a 122k miles w/a plethora of problems (Recall, I pmed you about the car needing an alternator, that's my dd now). However, I can't complain, she keeps on rolling. The black one is tucked in the garage. Still clean from back when we had the show! I haven't driven it much at all.

Word! If I stay in the midwest (WSU/UofM), I'm definitely buying an AWD car. I just had the first experience with the X-type, and it is un-friggin'-believable. I swear I could just drive in that car through all the subdivisions and point and laugh at those who were stuck. Funny thing is, I actually got the tour stuck at the bottom of the driveway for a good 1/2 hour. Getting a car unstuck solo is a serious pita.

Pete what the hell have you been up? You still in MI or just visiting?

with all the snow cleveland is getting right now, it looks like i'll be able to go out all week :cool: anyone on here go to brandywine?

Holy cow you guys missed some GREAT powder today!

Was up and out of the house by 8 am getting coffee, drifting the Escape around empty ann arbor streets = awesome.

Hopped on 23 and passed people sideways in the snow, how long have people lived in michigan and they dont know how to drive in this stuff.

Mt. Holly had a bunch of good runs open, Fresh powder all morning and didnt start getting cut up until like 1.

Good times!

No lines to speak of, walked up and was generally the next one up. Didn't start getting 'crowded' until noon, and even then it was not bad at all!

Back