• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I Love New England

When my brother lived in CT for a while (to get engineering experience under his belt), he said it was rather stupid expensive and crowded. LOL

When my brother lived in CT for a while (to get engineering experience under his belt), he said it was rather stupid expensive and crowded. LOL

expensive, sure its on the higher side but so it the whole north east when compaired to the south or the midwest ... but its no where as expensive as in the city, ie NYC or Boston. Don't forget pay here is higher also

Sure its crowded compare to the middle of no where MN. It really isn't that bad, jsut around the cities, in less then an hour you can be upstate in the northwest corner and you would never know you where so close to NYC

I don't think CT is crowded at all. Theres tons of quiet places in CT to settle down, and still be within reach of civilization.

I love my area and I don't think I could ever bring myself to moving out of CT.

I don't think CT is crowded at all. Theres tons of quiet places in CT to settle down, and still be within reach of civilization.

I love my area and I don't think I could ever bring myself to moving out of CT.

untitled.jpg

When you grow up here, I guess any "large" city is crowed. LOL.
Nothing but wilderness north of here until you hit the Hudsonbay.

That would drive me insane. I hate small towns with a passion. Grand Forks (50K) is too small. Fargo Metro (~200K) is as small as I would ever go.

No thanks. I'd rather shoot myself in the head then live out in the middle of nowhere.

13 min from a town with 13K people and several other towns with 4-5K people. Hour drive from Duluth with 90K people. 2 1/2 hours from the Twin Cities. 4 hours from Winnipeg. It isn't that bad. I hate people and towns...I need my space over the "convience" of living in a town/city. Right now I can't wait to sell the house and move back into the county.

13 min from a town with 13K people and several other towns with 4-5K people. Hour drive from Duluth with 90K people. 2 1/2 hours from the Twin Cities. 4 hours from Winnipeg. It isn't that bad. I hate people and towns...I need my space over the "convience" of living in a town/city. Right now I can't wait to sell the house and move back into the county.

Throw zip code 02143 into Google Maps. You'll get an idea of where I grew up. Sounds like you'd have freaked out there. :)

That would drive me insane. I hate small towns with a passion. Grand Forks (50K) is too small. Fargo Metro (~200K) is as small as I would ever go.

no never, hate being in the city, just way to busy.

however being in the middle of nowhere isn't where I want to be either.

Again in CT you can get to all point of the state in around an hours time, anywhere from the shore the is more densly populated to the northern corners of the state where you might not see your neighbors house and anywhere in between ...

Yeah well, Moss, Garnett and Ortiz (and I am sure to bet Santana) all came from MN. So there :crazy: LOL

no never, hate being in the city, just way to busy.
lol Brian ... he's talking about a city that is smaller than Worcester. :shrug:

Fargo ND -- city population <100K, metro population 175K, according to 2000 census in Wikipedia.
Population density 2,388 people per square mi

By comparison,
Manchester NH --- 100K people with 3241.4 per sq mi
Worcester MA ---- 175K people with 4678 per square mile
Somerville MA ---- 77K people with 18868.1 per square mile (that's NOT a typo).

Last edited:
Yeah well, Moss, Garnett and Ortiz (and I am sure to bet Santana) all came from MN. So there :crazy: LOL

hmm

lego
whiffle ball
pizza
dictionary
nuclear subs
helicopters
timken (bearings)
jake brake
otis elevator
Robert Jarvik
WWE
GE
UTC
Gerber Scientific

all are from/in CT ...

where I am living now is 611/sq mile and where I grew up was 14.6/sq mile :laugh: so now you know why I think where I live now is crowded hehehhe

well what I was trying to get at was the density of people in the area ... I don't like being in the city ...
Enfield CT is a pretty dense "town" too!
45K people, 1361 per square mile

(all right I'm done being lame)

Enfield CT is a pretty dense "town" too!
45K people, 1361 per square mile

yeah and it isn't where I would prefer to be but it isn't that bad, mos tof it is still spread out ... didn't know how many people where here through

I like where I live. Its not a bad town. 40k+. I live away from downtown and its only a 5min ride. Its also only a 40 min ride to Boston.

I would not want to live in the middle of nowhere or live in the center or a huge city. I like the inbetween. Quiet, but when I want it to be loud, I'll go somewhere.

I like the weather out here also. The winter, well, it could be a bit warmer sometimes.

I wouldn't give up the leaves changing for anything, maybe raking them...

Back