• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Elky

MAZDASPEED

Hard-core CEG'er
Saw this over on mazda247:

Edits_004.jpg

for an old caddy thats not too much of an upgrade since they came with 472 big blocks.
grrrrrrrrrrr

yes, i believe in 1975 they started using the 500.
'68 - '70: 472ci, 375hp, 525ft lbs
'70: 472ci, 345hp, 500ft lbs
'71 - '74: 472ci, 220hp, 365ft lbs
'75: 500ci, 235hp, 386ft lbs

and thats all i have specs for within easy reach

You got the beefy one.:)

What is amazing is that from '70 to 71 the horsepower dropped from 345 to 220. Must be from the emissions stuff they add.

In '75 they put a 500 and didn't even get 250 hp out of it. I'd be pissed if I had to ride in a hearse with a 500ci engine that couldn't at least do a burn out without greasing the tires first.

yeah, and of course my wifes is a '71. :(
basically they dropped the compression ratio from about 10.5:1 to 8.5:1
but at least the motors can be built up to produce some super silly HP and torque numbers

I have always loved the Holden utes.
but i guess i am a little biased towards vehicles like that

I had never heard of Holden till today. Accidentally ran across a Top Gear vid with a VXR8 in it. Cool cars, too bad GM doesn't bring them here. It would be cool If we could get cars from all around the world here. Stupid federal G'ment imprt laws.

I had never heard of Holden till today. Accidentally ran across a Top Gear vid with a VXR8 in it. Cool cars, too bad GM doesn't bring them here. It would be cool If we could get cars from all around the world here. Stupid federal G'ment imprt laws.

What rock have you been living under??? GTO's are Monaros with the steering wheel on the wrong side

For Utes, it doesn't get much better than the Falcon. As with all Falcons, Ford of Australia lets you serve this thing up in more flavors that you can find at Baskin Robbins. :cool:

digiads_car_ads_88106_1.jpg

Back